PDA

View Full Version : Just a thanks to you GPSAus 'staff'

arthurking83
19th August 2005, 10:58 PM
Just a general thanks, cheerio, etc, to you 'staff' members and set-er-up-erers of this site.
I don't know what you do or why you set up this site, I hope you do well (well enough to keep it up at least).
I haven't seen any info on why this site exists.
ie. Are you all GPS-communications retailers (would-be retailers??), or just a bunch of hard core GPS/Geocachers?
Just some info on the team would be nice.
Funnily enough, I was googling like mad for GPS info in Aus, around early June (looks like that was your startup date??)
I was looking to update my GPSes (eventually settled on the Meridian), was thinking about a Lowrance I-finder at one stage, but info on any Lowrance is basically zero!
I haven't come across any geocaching info (at all).
I realise this is not your purpose, as there would be other sites for this, but geocaching............GPS............seems to go hand in hand.
(it's not a request!)

:)

Craigus
19th August 2005, 11:34 PM
Thanks for the kind words... It is great to hear what the community thinks of our site. We will surly be doing our best too keep the site up and free for as long as humanly possible.

What do we do and why do we do it?

a) I'm a computer tech. I work in a small PC shop in the Blue Mountains fixing a wide range of things... From Corporate business servers and related equipment too little old lady's broken email. I'm a complete GPS n00b! I have only owned one for about a month! Though I must admit I used a GPS quite a bit in the first job I took after I left school (Mining Exploration) This is what lead me to my interest in computers and all things gadgetry :D

b) The site... After some discussion with a few different people regarding GPS and map/track sharing I thought there needed to be a site that specialized in just that! Ha-ha... On 11-06-2005 the site was opened and we have been overwhelmed with the interest and success thus far. As for retailers.. We WILL be in the not so distant future. :D You may have noticed the Online Shop in the top right..

Cheers.

Gypsy
20th August 2005, 12:03 AM
Hi arthurking83,

Well, I'm not really 'staff' on this site as such, but I thought I'd introduce myself anyway as I'm sort of 'behind the scenes' staff, I guess you could say.
Basically, I'm Craigus' other half, so I have had a little input into the site in general. I'm no good at the technical side of things, but I'm learning. I just say what looks 'pretty' and throw some idea's around and just keep an eye on the place to make sure everyone is behaving. :p Umm, apart from that, when the shop is up and running I'll be playing a part there.

So that's me. If you need anything and you can't reach Craig, Shady or the other staff, I'm here too. :D

Thanks for your support and feedback, it's good to know what you guys think, we are always working behind the scenes to make GPS Australia better.

~Gypsy~

alpha993
20th August 2005, 06:45 AM
I haven't come across any geocaching info (at all).
I realise this is not your purpose, as there would be other sites for this, but geocaching............GPS............seems to go hand in hand.
(it's not a request!)

:)

Check out http://geocaching.com.au for a great site that focuses on the local GC scene

barnesy
30th August 2005, 06:17 PM
i'd like to also thank you folks for this forum, it's worth it's weight in gold and you should be knighted. i'll send an email off to the G.G.
cheers, matt

JimM
30th August 2005, 08:09 PM
i'd like to also thank you folks for this forum, it's worth it's weight in gold and you should be knighted. i'll send an email off to the G.G.
cheers, matt

That goes for me as well. I've certainly picked up a lot of tips and info from the forum.

wombatwal
31st August 2005, 07:54 AM
I am new to GPSing and I have not got one as yet. I have been asking questions in 4WD forums and newsgroups and this site was recommended.
The site looks good for info., support and possibly purchases later on. :) :) Wombatwal