PDA

View Full Version : Winrar

jumankum
1st September 2005, 11:18 PM
Does winrar continue to work after the evaluation period?
I'm not sure if it is not unzipping the files or if they are being unzipped and I just can't find them.

Pluto
2nd September 2005, 05:10 AM
The only change I have found with the unregistered version is a number of popup screens appear. The extraction works fine.

Craigus
2nd September 2005, 06:56 AM
I agree...

The best way to use WinRAR is to right click the archive and select 'extract here' then you can be sure as to where the files are going.

brembo
2nd September 2005, 06:44 PM
Had 400+ days of WinRAR working after the trial period had past, you just get a popup saying to register it whenever you open an archive.

As Cragius said, use the 'Extract To' button in the toolbar to specify where you want files to be unzipped to.

franzer
2nd October 2005, 05:31 PM
Yep it works fine, you just get the annoying popup when opening rars, but if you right click and then click extract no popups.

princess66
6th October 2005, 08:20 AM
Like franzer and Brembo said it will still work fine. Just a note on losing your files, when you use the Extract button a box should come up and ask where you want the file to go. If you don't tell it, it should make a folder the same name as the Winrar file you are trying extract and put it in the folder that contains the original Winrar file...........You can use this method to find your files. Just Extract them again and the popup box should show you where it's putting the file......