PDA

View Full Version : anyone using route66N7 (GPS) software?

jackpham
28th May 2008, 04:06 PM
Hi all,

I've bought a 7 inch GPS from ebay. It worked ok for couple of months then it started playing up.

When I turn it on, a Chinese error message pops up with something to do with "route66N7.exe" file and I navigation softwatware doesn't work.

I think I need to reinstall the software again into my SD card.

Does anyone has this software or been using this software, please let me know or please advice me.

Many thanks

Jack

Nicko
28th May 2008, 04:55 PM
Sounds like you have the proverbial trial version. If it is it will mean having to buy a full version of Route 66. :goodluck

michaeld
28th May 2008, 05:06 PM
I got a CD with mine and I have redone it a few times. I have Ozi-explorer on mine now also

bshwckr
28th May 2008, 06:04 PM
If the Navigation software runs off the SD card, it could be that your SD is corrupt. In my experience, this is not a rare occurrence with SD cards. If this is the case, it is easily fixed. Re-format the SD and reload the software (If you have the disk).

Nicko
28th May 2008, 06:18 PM
That's why I said what I said, there was no mention of a disk. :)

jackpham
29th May 2008, 01:18 PM
Hi all,

Thank you so much for your reply to my post.

Unfortunately, I don't have a disk (CD) and my back up files were lost due to my computer virus, and now I can't re-install the software back into my SD card.

Can anyone please help me with re-installation of the software into my SD card again.

If you do have a back up copy of that, please help me.
I appreciate all your help.

Many thanks,

Jack

aclimas
15th August 2008, 08:15 PM
Hi did you manage to find an answer to your problem. I have the same problem at the moment. Can you help me??

ROBERTW
29th September 2008, 10:26 AM
Was your problem resolved?
I have the same issue, no CD came with my generic GPS purchased from eBay. So I thought I would be smart and do a back up of the SD card. Unfortunately the card became corrupted and I wasn't able to copy all the files across.
Does anyone have a back-up of their 4.3" generic eBay GPS running route 66 maps?
Or is there another solution?
Regards Rob

koornang
9th January 2009, 06:53 PM
I have the disk...

Contact me and I will send it to you.

BTW you can also get navteq working on the device...but I am having trouble getting the voices working...

Anyone else brought one of these chinese 7 inch cheapies???

Cheers

dinky
5th February 2009, 04:55 AM
We purchased one of these units off ebay about 14 months ago as well follwed by a second unit in Feb 08. The first unit's map will freeze and then indicates no gps. I found by changing to gps stats screen it still shows sats being recieved along with vehicle speed and direction etc. Simply changing back to map screen the unit comes good. Must be a software bug I recon. Now here is the clincher. My second unit does not do it. I have examined both sets of files on the sd cards and they appear to be the same. I wrote to ROUTE66 stateside and they say they do not offer support to what they term 'modified software' installed on these devices (PND). I contacted the supplier of the iTa when we first got it and they even denied knowlege of the usb port fitted to it. Connecting a usb cable from the iTa to a computer, the pc will not see it. As yet I have not been able to find a driver that will handshake with the iTa. If any one needs the file set for sd cards let me know.

Bullethead
5th February 2009, 10:34 AM
Hi Dinky, I have the same problem with the same unit .If it happens you found something please put in this thread .I am thinking of replacing the format of my radio etc.I don't understand the last sentence you've made. "if any one needs the file set for sd cards let me know."
BTW I heard iTA is going bust,a friend have issues and not been resolved yet.
Cheers
Ceasar

PS
can you PM me the set of files please.
Thanks

dinky
14th February 2009, 02:36 PM
If you need a copy of the sd card I can zip the files and email to you. I am currently attempting to get a computer to talk to the unit thru the usb port. so far I have not been able to find a suitable driver. I suspect that it is there for manufacturers use only.
Am also setting the wheels in motion to find the original iTa seller through legal sources.

Xpis
14th February 2009, 02:59 PM
I brought the GPS probaly about a year ago and has worked perfectly until now. The same problem as mention before it just freezes up and doesnt even turn off. I have to unplug power and wait till battery runs out then re start and it will work again untill it freezes. I personally think it can either be the sd card or the software it self. Havent treid anything yet but if anyone else can suggest anything please do. Apart from that has anyone else tried diffrent software instead o f using Route66.

dinky
20th February 2009, 08:59 AM
Or as the label on the back of the unit says LST-GPS.
After a bit of searching I have located the manufacturer in China, sent them a heap of questions and waiting for reply.
These units have some of the route66 software installed in the flash memory and as such it will only recognise the route66n7 program, or exe file. If the unit will not turn off there may be a problem with the actual switch. Remember it has two fuctions: short press to put it in sleep mode, long press shuts it down. Sounds to me like dirty switch contacts. Also if you remove the battery from the unit then put it back in it might solve the issue. One thing I have never done though is hit the reset switch.
I tried putting copilot 5 files on an sd card and putting it in the gps, went to nav setup within the menu, selected the exe file and nuthin. Would not load. Confirms that flash mem contains route66 info.

dinky
26th April 2009, 01:21 PM
Further to my last I spent a bit of time searching for a driver that would allow the iTa to connect via USB without success. Just by chance I connected the unit to a vista system and presto....it thinks it is an unbranded mobile phone. From there I was able to read the internal memory of the iTa device. In short the route66 software is not installed in the rom as first thought. What is in there is the windows CE 4.2 version. After a couple of hours of fiddling I now have both route66 version n7.0 running and iGo8 installed on the same sd card with resolution of 480X 234 running. The internal GPS reciever connects via port 2 at 4800 baud.

Rob W
27th April 2009, 12:06 AM
Guys, do the GPS units run a version of Windows CE?

If you install Microsoft Active Sync onto an XP PC it, may be able to access the device via USB.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/help/synchronize/activesync-download.mspx

Bullethead
27th April 2009, 07:59 PM
Hi Dinky, with your latest finding, can you be able to ask the chinese what is the CD player brand or where can I buy a replacement ? My iTa don't read CD anymore.
Thanks
Ceasar

dinky
28th April 2009, 03:14 PM
iTa are the letters on a sticker at the top rhs of the 7 inch gps unit. iTa being the initials for international trading auctions, the mob that flogged these units and other stuff on ebay.
Cant answer q's about not reading a cd. do you mean the sd card not being able to be read.
The firmware in the device is windows CE, firmware version Mesada_2440 multi-platform 4.2.
I tried activesync with win2000 and XP with no connection possible.
As I said in my last post I found that after turning the iTa gps on and it has loaded the s/w I then connected the usb cable between the gps and my poota running vista and it detected it as a mobile device, with a mobile phone icon. I was then able to access three drives, two rom drives in the machine and the sd card. The nand flash drive showed up as being empty while the other had the winCE files. Some of the files within the win CE system cannot be copied out of the device to back up as I was thinking of updating it. I figure it must be some sort of file protection so I didnt go any further with it for fear of not being able to replace the CE system files.

colind
20th March 2010, 02:22 PM
My sd card has been stollen i am not computer litterate what do i have to do to get the maps on to an sd card and are you able to help with sending me the maps or would it be eisier for me to pay you for an sd card pre loaded

Colin

lavman
26th March 2010, 06:06 PM
Am also looking for the maps as my SD card is corrupted. Have bought a new SDHC card and now trying to figure out how to get maps for it and also copy on to it. No i dont have the CD either, I think it got used as a frizby by my ex..........