PDA

View Full Version : Software Updates on the Tevion?

furrballz_ragdolls
9th June 2008, 12:52 PM
Just wondering if anyone had heard if there was going to be some updates to the original software that we can get (even if we pay more) for this navigator down the track?

There are a heap of new roads opening in Melbourne, or have opened, and I would like to know they will show on this device.

Otherwise, I am guessing I will need to purchase a Tom Tom or Navigator software and integrate it like the first thread mentions?

Any guidance on this would be GREATFULLY accepted! :)

mlenser
9th June 2008, 01:46 PM
Hi furrballz_ragdolls,
Even with the "A" brand navigators it can take a couple of years for some new residential roads to appear so I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you.

Regards,
Mike.

Spanrz
10th June 2008, 08:41 PM
Right there with you Furballz.

I think this brand has a 2006 map on it.
And yes, in Melbourne, major road infrastructure has gone in place in the suburbs.

Though, I tried to navigate to "Station Street" Pakenham today, omg, it couldn't find it.
Now, usually a street called Station Street, one would assume that it is beside a railway station.
So it is, and it's been there a while, can't understand how a 2006 map called it otherwise.

But yes, all the new estates, "eastlink" and the Pak'y Bypass would help.

I think this has been said many times on this Aldi product, in this forum.
The problem is, it's got a few different manufacturers names on it, albeit software and hardware.
Navigate 7, is manuf'd by Route 66, but they don't support Australian Mapping, omg, how bad is that.
They say, "talk to Manufacturer".
You talk to Tevion, they say "Call Tempo". And so on.

Ring a' ring of rosey's!

nightshadow
18th August 2008, 11:25 PM
The mapping data for r66/navigate 7 etc come from Navteq (c/o Mapdata) www.navteq.com - recently purchased by Nokia.
The problem is - they use to list australia on their site to purchase updates, now they don't.
It was also once listed on the r66 website. hmm.

Colin 2905
22nd August 2008, 09:25 AM
Any guidance on this would be GREATFULLY accepted! :)

Let Google be your guide. :)