PDA

View Full Version : query: goto by lat/long with street navs?

tc67
11th June 2008, 12:07 PM
Folks, a friend has a Binatone Carrera and we were trying to find how to input a lat/long for use as a goto (as opposed to selecting a POI or street address). Menu searching the unit suggests it can't do so, which suprised me.

Can anyone tell me whether Street Navs generally do or do not allow such input. If so, what brands do so? The reason for the question is that we wonder if there is value in putting lat/long references in tourist brochure data (i.e. can folks use lat long data as input from their GPS when using these street nav types as opposed to models made for hiking etc.

Cheers,
Tony

russell
29th June 2008, 07:31 AM
Hi Tony,
I have a Binatone Carrera and have not found a way to do this.I don`t think it`s possible.

Max

BUCK
29th June 2008, 10:55 AM
Tony,
I have the Garmin nuvi 660, and YES you can go to using co-ordinates.
1. WHERE TO
2.Then press the down arrow on bottom right hand corner of screen.
3. The option is then there for CO-ORDINATES.
Cheers BUCK

Nicko
29th June 2008, 11:32 AM
ummm, Buck, this is a Binatone thread not a Garmin thread.

BUCK
29th June 2008, 12:13 PM
Nicko, TC67 was asking which brands do then? Where would i post the reply?

mlenser
29th June 2008, 02:47 PM
The reason for the question is that we wonder if there is value in putting lat/long references in tourist brochure data I personally would find it useful if the brochures included the coordinates as well.

Regards,
Mike.

gezza666
29th June 2008, 07:23 PM
Hi tc67,
Tomtom software has the option to navigate to a Latitude/Longitude point.

Regards

tc67
29th June 2008, 07:41 PM
thanks for the feedback.
As pointed out, this has gone away from Binatone topic (my orig post did not go under the topic I meant...sorry), and I refer readers to the post under General/General GPS chat.
Tony

Nicko
29th June 2008, 08:16 PM
Valid point and thanks for the correction Buck.