PDA

View Full Version : Garmin Mapsource v6.13.7 "Unable To start Unlock Wizard, please reinstall software "

Col300
12th June 2008, 07:38 AM
The new Garmin Mapsource product version 6.13.7 with Trip & Waypoint Manager 5.0 comes up with an error message when trying to unlock maps. The reason is the latest version of Mapsource does not have an unlock wizard.

I have the zip file of the wizard, installing it is pretty simple, let me know if anyone needs it.

Cheers

Nicko
12th June 2008, 08:48 AM
You can upload the file to your reply so that people can grab it at any time.

Col300
12th June 2008, 10:01 AM
Any chance you can give me a pointer on how to do that? I couldn't see any file upload/attach file icon?

Cheers,

Nicko
12th June 2008, 10:08 AM
when you click on reply you have the window you type in, directly below that is "Additional Options" and within that is manage attachments. Click on it and a new window opens up, You then browse for the file, click on upload, wait for the screen to show the current attachment has the file listed and then "close this window".

Col300
12th June 2008, 10:58 AM
Unlock wizard file attached.

All you need to do is unzip the file, cut and paste the unzipped contents into c:/Garmin (paste the two files anywhere into the parent Garmin folder)

That should do it.

Re open Mapsource and go to the "utilities" tab and down to Unlock Maps, the Unlock Wizard should start automatically.

Nev
12th June 2008, 02:21 PM
The new Garmin Mapsource product version 6.13.7 with Trip & Waypoint Manager 5.0 comes up with an error message when trying to unlock maps.My version has had no such issues. I must have been lucky. There is also a beta 6.14.0.1 version available.

Neville

Col300
12th June 2008, 03:55 PM
My version has had no such issues. I must have been lucky. There is also a beta 6.14.0.1 version available.

Neville

There is, that correct, my understanding is v6.14.0.1 is an update of the US Topo maps only and no change to Mapsource.

Let me know if I've misread the notes on that version?

Cheers

Nev
12th June 2008, 04:04 PM
"Changes made from version 6.13.7 to 6.14.0.1:
Changed map rendering technology to provide visual improvements. This may cause slower rendering on some older machines.
Incorporated new artwork into splash screen and application icons.
Added new product info dialog.
Added support for U.S. National grid and Swedish SWREF99 grid.
Fixed an issue when trying to set the PC clock on Vista.
Added ability to change the color of routes."

Neville

mpruden
27th June 2008, 08:13 AM
From across the pond, in the U.S., I wish to extend my thanks to all of you. I had the same problem with my new Garmin Colorado. This post and the zip file saved me quite a bit of grief. Cheers and thanks to all of you! :mighty :mighty

bigdamo
1st July 2008, 03:00 PM
Thanks for that Col300 I had that problem and was loosing sleep now i just got to work out how to download shonky maps into mapsource and into my 60csx I will probably give up and buy the card with it on it.

Many thanks

Gee_You Patrol
1st July 2008, 03:35 PM
Hi Bigdamo, just download the MapSource® Tutorial: Selecting and Saving Map Sets
from http://www8.garmin.com/cartography/mapsourceTutorial.html
And you'll be fine

bigdamo
3rd July 2008, 05:35 AM
Hi Bigdamo, just download the MapSource® Tutorial: Selecting and Saving Map Sets
from http://www8.garmin.com/cartography/mapsourceTutorial.html
And you'll be fine

Thanks for that I'm slowly working my way through this Garmin CSx60

squashound
7th October 2008, 04:04 AM
Hi guys thanks for the unlock wizard - now it's asking for a registration code. Any ideas?

mlenser
7th October 2008, 05:12 PM
now it's asking for a registration code. Any ideas?That will be the code in the CD cover for the maps you purchased.

Regards,
Mike.

robertoayon
10th December 2008, 06:44 AM
Thanks for the software. Recently I updated to Mapsource 6.14.1 and looks like the installation process deleted my unlock wizard.

joshdmorris
27th March 2009, 02:09 PM
had the same problem and this worked perfectly. THANK YOU!!!

tactical3143
10th January 2010, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the unlock wizard

lukebit
21st October 2010, 12:09 AM
Hi to everyboby!

I wrote from Italy, sorry for my english..
I use a garmin ETrex Venture and Garmin MapSource 6.13.7 for my self-funded scientific research about cetaceans.
I kept a garmin ".IMG" nautical map on a garmin SD Card and copied it on my PC. After I tried to unlocked the map with MapSource and to open it(I have the 25 character unlock code by a Garmin Kgen), but this message appeared: "Unable to start the Unlock Wizard. Please reinstall this program and try again".

After installation of unzip UnlockWizard files from this forum in C/garmin folder, I unlocked my Nautical Map and then I tried to open it but unsuccessfully...
I can see my trails and waypoints, but i can't look any map!
I can see a white square, which I can zoom in and out, but no images..

Can anyone help me about the correct procedure, please?

Thanks

Nicko
21st October 2010, 12:18 AM
when you say Garmin kgen, where did you get that from?

lukebit
21st October 2010, 12:54 AM
when you say Garmin kgen, where did you get that from?

from internet, in other forums..but it didn't solve my problem!

Nicko
21st October 2010, 12:57 AM
well it sounds like the kgen is a dud. But that's what happens when you play with illegal stuff. We can't assist you in this forum if that is the case.

lukebit
21st October 2010, 01:05 AM
well it sounds like the kgen is a dud. But that's what happens when you play with illegal stuff. We can't assist you in this forum if that is the case.

I used it simply because I have copied the file from Sd card to the PC, but the map has been bought!

I did not know the way to pass the map from the SD Card to MapSource, that's the reason I asked to the forum, but BOTH products have been bought.

Anyway thank you

Nicko
21st October 2010, 01:12 AM
If the card is a genuine Garmin marine datacard and the maps are on it and you want to view on your PC you need to buy HomePort (http://garmin.blogs.com/my_weblog/2009/10/homeport-pc-planning-solution-now-available-.html)

You cannot copy the maps from the datacard to Mapsource, Garmin do not allow it. Also, Mapsource does not read .img files.

lukebit
21st October 2010, 01:23 AM
If the card is a genuine Garmin marine datacard and the maps are on it and you want to view on your PC you need to buy HomePort (http://garmin.blogs.com/my_weblog/2009/10/homeport-pc-planning-solution-now-available-.html)

You cannot copy the maps from the datacard to Mapsource, Garmin do not allow it. Also, Mapsource does not read .img files.

Ok, thank you
The owner of the Garmin marine datacard gave it to me to let me work on my PC.
I have the software HomePort also, but How can I open the .IMG file with Home Port?

Nicko
21st October 2010, 01:26 AM
The datacard has to be in the GPS and then the GPS connected to the PC; it is the only way.

lukebit
21st October 2010, 01:40 AM
The datacard has to be in the GPS and then the GPS connected to the PC; it is the only way.

I Knew that way, the problem is that the GPS is the Garmin GPSnav 540s, a Nautical instrument installed in a boat, in the ****pit of the captain..and the instrument has no cable to dowload or connect with the PC...
That's the reason I wrote here, trying any other way to work with the same map I use for my research.
But if there's no way to do that i will quit!

Nicko
21st October 2010, 01:45 AM
If the datacard was a pre-installed datacard, meaning the map was on teh datcard when you purchased it, you only need to find another Garmin mapping GPS such as a GPSMap 76Cx etc.

lukebit
21st October 2010, 02:11 AM
If the datacard was a pre-installed datacard, meaning the map was on teh datcard when you purchased it, you only need to find another Garmin mapping GPS such as a GPSMap 76Cx etc.

Yes, the datacard is a pre-installed datacard so I think I must buy another Garmin mapping GPS...
I've 2 original types of Garmin products available, software and Nautical GPS with genuine datacard, I have an E-Trex Venture HC also, but it can't take SD card, so I need tu buy another GPS only to read the map in my PC...
congratulation to Garmin company!

Anyway, thank you very much for all your information

kos
11th November 2010, 05:12 PM

All you need to do is unzip the file, cut and paste the unzipped contents into c:/Garmin (paste the two files anywhere into the parent Garmin folder)

That should do it.

Re open Mapsource and go to the "utilities" tab and down to Unlock Maps, the Unlock Wizard should start automatically.
Thank you so much col300. Been searching for hours on the net about this problem and your post and shared file saved the day!!! hats off to you and to GPS Australia for the solution.

KeokiWhite
23rd January 2011, 04:04 AM
Thanks for the unlock software, worked a treat (tho why it wasn't in the factory software is a mystery to me)!

cva
16th June 2013, 05:20 AM

That should do it.

thanks!! thanks!!X100! Большое спасибо!