PDA

View Full Version : Modifying Atomic Time

fethers
14th September 2005, 01:17 PM
I have a Magellan eXplorist 600 and I'm frustrated trying to get it to indicate the correct time. It seems to assume that SA is an hour behind the east coast, not a half hour.

I have searched the menus for a way of adjusting this but no success so far.... can anyone provide a tip?

Cheers.

arthurking83
14th September 2005, 08:25 PM
I have searched the menus for a way of adjusting this but no success so far.... can anyone provide a tip?

Cheers.

I have read that the Explorist series doesn't come with a printed copy of a manual.
So here's what I found from the pdf version of a Explorist 400 ( I don't have an Explorist, just a Meridian)
You have to press [ENTER] when the field is highlighted, then when the time is highlighted press [ENTER] again and then use the 'joystick' (the Meridian has a 'arrow pad'). I just changed my time to Adelaide time and it worked!!
Call back if it works or not :)

fethers
15th September 2005, 12:27 AM
Thanks for your reply. I have tried to adjust the time via the menu but it immediately returns to SA time less a half hour. Also I have tried via restarting the GPS and setting my local time, but when the unit has fixed it's location, it drops the half hour again. :confused:

arthurking83
15th September 2005, 08:01 AM
My apologies :o
I had a feeling this was happening, but had to be sure :confused:

Have you updated firmware (if there is an update avaible??)
Otherwise your best option is to contact NextDestination (http://www.nextdestination.com.au/contact/) .
Hopefully they'll have advice/fix??
As I said previously, I set my Meridian to 1/2 back (Adelaide time) and it held that time!

cheers.

michaeld
15th September 2005, 05:52 PM
move to another state . I'll try my 600 cant change the time zone

fethers
28th September 2005, 10:50 PM
Got a note back from Next Destination, we in SA are just a minority :)

unfortunately the explorist units do not have the ability to set 1/2 hr increments as part of the time. when you initialise the unit, it will add full hrs to the GMT time to give you your local time. (the MERIDIAN units are able to input this offset). we hav told Magellan about this as it affects NT and SA. they have this listed in their BUG report, but it would be unlikely that they will put a priority on it, since we are one of the very few countries that has a half hr time zone component. i have told this to many ppl who are in SA and NT who are affected by this, and most are happy, after this explanation to add/subtract the 1/2 hr from the time given as local time. thank you for your patience with the product.

So I have to live with it for now anyway.

arthurking83
29th September 2005, 06:35 PM
Sounds like a very weak reply!
If that feature is available in the Meridian, why not the 'more modern' :rolleyes: Explorist?
Surely it's just a matter of a small firmware fix(??)

Hmm??
Even though it won't affect me (in Vic), still gives me a reason to avoid the Explorist!