PDA

View Full Version : Geocache Manager

Robelle1000
19th September 2008, 05:35 PM
Hi, I am new to the forum but have been using Magellan GPS units for about 4 years. Recently I bought an Explorist 500 LE in the US. I have loaded the AUS basemaps but am having a problem with Geocache Manager. I have the Explorist connected to my PC, which recognises it as an external drive but when I try to send geocaches from the PC to the unit it says it can't detect it. Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone know how to fix the problem?

Benvox2
21st September 2008, 07:14 PM
What is this Geocache Manager ?

spoon88
21st September 2008, 08:54 PM
Hmm.... I may know what you're talking about. When you're transferring files, are you going through the "file manager" in the "gps contents" menu? Or are you going through the "Geocaching" then "Control Centre" menu?

I found that if I go to the file transfer menu, it won't read my 400, but if you go through the individual menu, ie Geocaching, and then save the files through there, it works fine.

Cheers

Spoon

Robelle1000
21st September 2008, 09:10 PM
I am using the Send Geocaching Points to GPS in the Transfer menu in Magellan Geocache Manager (software that came with the GPS). When the PC tries to send the points to the GPS it gets an error that it can't detect the GPS. I have tried reloading the software from the disc but no difference.

The Explorer
22nd September 2008, 08:19 AM
I am using the Send Geocaching Points to GPS in the Transfer menu in Magellan Geocache Manager (software that came with the GPS). When the PC tries to send the points to the GPS it gets an error that it can't detect the GPS. I have tried reloading the software from the disc but no difference.

At this point does the GPS still appear as an external memory device? If so, save your geocaches to a file on PC and just copy to the geocache folder on the GPS using windows explorer (cut/paste/drag). Difficult to establish your exact issue from here.

VantagePoint (Magellans latest software offering) has a geocache manager in built as does the older Mapsend LiteV2 (both available from Magellans website) - maybe try these as well.

Greg