PDA

View Full Version : Beware MIO Moov 370 TMC Doesn't Work

Towle
30th September 2008, 12:21 PM
This "Live Traffic Alerts" or TMC Traffic Message Channel that Mio advertise on there website doesn't work and Mio are aware of this and continue to promote these "Live Traffic Updates" as a feature of this particular unit. I have spoken to a Janwin on their 1300 number who admits this is not available (at least in Sydney, which is only where I have used it) and won't be available until possibly November. I also spoke to a Raymond in the Mio Sales Dept who also acknowledges this feature fails to live up to their advertising and he has one himself !

http://www.mio.com/au/gps-navigation-products-Moov370-overview.htm and here is the reply from Mio direct !

Dear Customers:
Thank you for your concern and purchase on Mio products. Our Mio Customer
Service has replied your inquiries. If you have further questions, please login
htto://service.mio.com again, Mio will do the best to help you. Thank you very
much!
Best Regards
Mio Service
The reply is shown below:
Dear ****, Thank you for contacting the Mio team. TMC is currently being
setu8p for the Moov series and will be active in the very near future. For
further assistance, please feel free to contact us. Kind regards,

Nicko
30th September 2008, 12:32 PM
I am waiting for a call back from Mio, however, I might gather that I will receive the same answer as you.

It is difficult to assess the advertising by manufacturers when they don't supply a machine for us to trial. I have asked them to supply units for us to review etc some two months back and thus far nothing. The other issue we have for not selling Mio (thus not able to have a "play" with them) is the unfair pricing; we cannot buy the units for the price Ryda and a few other small size retailers sell them for. This is the same for TomTom as well and it is quite co-incidental that both are supplied via Brightpoint Australia. Brightpoint tell me that all of their dealers get the same pricing structure and the manufacturer directs me back to them. Other manufacturers that use small retailers as advertising are HP and Navman.

toliman
30th October 2008, 12:20 PM
i'm curious to know if you've heard anything from MIO about the SUNA compatibility, as i intend to trade in my "ancient" *cough*, well, unused, digiwalker for one of the moov 360/370's in their eshop trade-in.

is it a simple software registration/upgrade, or does suna magically switch on the broadcast updates at some point for sydney/brisbane ?

because, if it's a software update from MIO to get SUNA working, i think i would regret the entire purchase, just like the last few emails i sent to MIO asking about this.

johnma
14th November 2008, 08:26 AM
I have a MIO 370 and don't have any problems with TMC, this only works for Qld, NSW and Vic for now.
The Problem I have are with the Maps these maps a old Navman maps and there are no roads on Stradbroke Island, There are plenty of Roads Missing from the Brisbane map and some of this roads are over 10 Years Old, Tugun Bypass Missing from the Gold Coast and this has been open now for almost 1 Year. I have an old Mio 268 and thereís nothing missing from it. So I guess that Navman have Given Mio Old maps so not to outsell Navman, What a waist of money, well at least TMC and Blue Tooth workÖNot happy Jan. Waiting for mio to get back to me in regards to AUS Map UpdatesÖ.
JohnMa

Nicko
14th November 2008, 08:48 AM
When did you buy the GPS JohnMa?

johnma
14th November 2008, 10:15 AM
Bought my one 01/11/08 - Just a though did you get an aerial with yours for TMC.
My one started to work after 5 minutes from Home, at home I donít get a signal and thatís 30K North of Brisbane.

Just connected my GPS to USB to see ware the folder for TMC sits, it's in \Navman\TMC inside it there should be three files these are for Qld, NSW, Vic the names are
AUTF0181.TRF
AUTF5481.TRF
AUTF5681.TRF
If you donít have them check the CD and you can create a Folder call it TMC inside the navman Dir and copy the files there.

JohnMa

Nicko
14th November 2008, 11:46 AM
That's the difference, look at the date of the first posting, back then it wasn't available even though they said it was and Suna did not have the Moov series listed as available.

LukeH
11th December 2008, 10:36 AM
johnma where did you get the three files for Qld, NSW, Vic
AUTF0181.TRF
AUTF5481.TRF
AUTF5681.TRF

from, as I purchased my navman while i was living in europe a couple years back now and it only has ones for europe and i would like to use the traffic features here in aus.

\Navman\TMC
UK10T020.TRF
FR32T020.TRF
DE01T020.TRF
BE01T020.TRF
NL17T020.TRF
DK09T020.TRF
if possible could you mail them to me.
cheers
luke

NotLostDave
16th December 2008, 05:31 PM
That's very interesting , I've just got the lasted Navman CD ( to get the firmware upgrade to allow TMC activation on a S90i and the CD has what looks like slightly earlier versions of the AUTF files. This may account for the complete failure of the S90 to see any TMC signal even after I copied the files onto the GPS

D.

captpocketoad
17th December 2008, 06:42 PM
Looks like you are not alone. I have just checked my V15 2008 maps also only to find the following files in the TMC file:
AUTF0180.TRF
AUTF5480.TRF
AUTF5680.TRF

I have been on to Navman for 3 weeks trying to sort this problem and there was no mention of outdated files getting around.

johnma
18th December 2008, 10:22 AM
The files are on my Mio Moov and on the CD that came with it.
I can email them to you as all three files are under the one MB
AUTF0181.TRF - 618 KB
AUTF5481.TRF - 777 KB
AUTF5681.TRF - 471 KB

Have you tried to connect to the Mio MOOV site through the software to get the Updates?
Donít forget as Xmass is coming up, please donít send any emails to my work as I wonít be able to access them till I get back. Iíll still be accessing this site from home.
If any body has any Navigon 7 AUS map please donít be shy as Iíd like to hear from you.
JM

johnma
20th December 2008, 04:23 AM
Looks like you are not alone. I have just checked my V15 2008 maps also only to find the following files in the TMC file: AUTF0808.TRF
AUTF5480.TRF
AUTF5680.TRF

I have been on to Navman for 3 weeks trying to sort this problem and there was no mention of outdated files getting around.

Hi captpocketoad

Itís a possibility that TMC is not loading. CHK the following.

Connect the GPS via USB Cable and go to
\Program Files\Navman\SmartST_CE\UserData and open Device_Settings.ini with Notepad and see if it matches my one below. If not you can copy and paste my setting, save it, exit and see how you go...

[Default]
gps port open=true
gps port=COM2
gps baud rate=57600
gps default protocol is nmea=true
gps sirfbinary protocol=false
gps sirfbinary baud rate=57600
gps protocol switch=false
gps use sirf clm=true
gps cold start=false
tmc port open=true
tmc port=COM1
tmc baud rate=14400
tmc duplex mode=true
tmc gns module=false
tmc command timeout=100
tmc command retry=3
MapCacheSizeMin=8388608
MapCacheSizeMax=8388608
MinStoragePage=900
screen dump key=195
volume=50
one2one port open=false
one2one port=1
one2one baud rate=115200
bluetooth hardware available=true
warning battery percentage=15
min usb brightness=0
max usb brightness=100
BigMallocBound=65536

[HWVersion=1025]
gps port=VSP1
gps use sirf clm=false

BTW Ė The Frequency is 93.7 FM

captpocketoad
20th December 2008, 07:12 AM
Thanks Johnma,
just had a look and that is what I also have.

It appears that my device has all the required programs/files needed however it still will not allow the TMC to activate the radio station search allowing me to pick up any signal.

Reading other posts I look like being alone on this one, so I think the problem is with my device. I will try Navman on Monday and see if they will replace the device as I still have it under warranty.

CAPT PT

LukeH
20th December 2008, 03:52 PM
Hi Johnma,
Can you email me those files thanks. I'm assuming they will possibly work in my navman. I've been dissappointed with navman's support of their products.
my email address is (removed by Nicko to eliminate spam to email addy) please reply in a private message your email
Cheers
Luke

johnma
20th December 2008, 05:59 PM
Hi Luke

Done...

LukeH
21st December 2008, 07:11 AM
Thanks will test them out and see if they help.

Cheers
Luke

LukeH
22nd December 2008, 12:34 PM
no good, didn't work for me, will continue to chase up navman.
Thanks anyway johnma for your assistance

John Dough
25th June 2011, 12:28 AM
Is it working now matey??