PDA

View Full Version : Generic ebay GPS problem

ROBERTW
4th October 2008, 11:11 PM
I have a generic GPS purchased from eBay. It did not come with a CD or software.
So I thought I would be smart and do a back up of the SD card. Unfortunately the card became corrupted as I was active-syncing and I wasn't able to copy all the files across.
These units were pretty common on eBay and are still selling, unfortunately the seller who sold this one to me is no longer a registered ebayer. So I can't go to him for help.
All of the other functions of the GPS still work fine, just when I go to navigation it states that there is at least one file missing. Please re-install application.

Does anyone have a back-up of their 4.3" generic eBay GPS running route 66 maps?

Is there another solution?
Please help.
Regards Rob

ROBERTW
5th October 2008, 08:42 PM
Just tried a firmware update. But problem still exists.
Can anyone provide assistance.
I really don't want to have to buy a new unit because I'm missing one file.

ROBERTW

Bulletzzz
5th October 2008, 09:49 PM
I have a copy of R66 Navigate 7 ( 2006 map version I think) if u r interested.
PM me for details :goodluck

Gypsie
17th October 2008, 01:00 PM
Hi, I have a similar problem, mine is Polnav, seller did not advise the maps were only a demo so have DEMO(Unregistered) across the screen. Is there any way of removing this without having to buy the software and obtaining the key, or is there another free map system of Australia that I could use. I have the disc, copied by seller, can I do something with that and reload? Fairly clueless about it all. Thanks :mighty

Nicko
17th October 2008, 01:04 PM
Is there any way of removing this without having to buy the software and obtaining the key

No

or is there another free map system of Australia that I could use.

No

I have the disc, copied by seller, can I do something with that and reload?

No

Gypsie
17th October 2008, 08:43 PM
Hi, thanks for a quick reply, I suppose I will be listening to directions more than looking at the screen, so will have to put up with the small annoyance. Much appreciated, Gypsie

edw1n
6th November 2008, 06:08 AM
I lost my IGO map (dumb enough to delete all the files in flash mem =( ). does anyone has thesoft that I can copy ? Thanks heap