PDA

View Full Version : deleting

kevi
20th October 2008, 10:41 AM
hi I just bought the Tevion $139 gps from Aldi can anyone explain to me how to delete destinations from Favorites or history, i can't seem to follow the directions supplied in box ,it tells you to go to favorites then back to main menu & press delete but there is no delete or am I just dumb

Wahroonga Farm
20th October 2008, 11:18 AM
Try a 'factory' reset.

johnno02
20th October 2008, 01:45 PM
hi I just bought the Tevion $139 gps from Aldi can anyone explain to me how to delete destinations from Favorites or history, i can't seem to follow the directions supplied in box ,it tells you to go to favorites then back to main menu & press delete but there is no delete or am I just dumb

Hi Kevi. :welcome

If you go to your history you will see your list of addresses,you can delete them one at a time,or all of them.

from the history menu highlight the address you want to remove, you will see a green tick,on the bottom right,on the left of that you will see a menu icon,click on the menu icon and using the down arrow,you will see "Delete",and "Delete all".

Regards.
John

kevi
20th October 2008, 04:41 PM
many thanks john easy when you know how thanks again kevi

Dan`
20th October 2008, 09:04 PM
can anyone explain to me how to delete destinations from Favorites or history

so the wife cant find out where the girlfriend lives? :lol2 :goodluck

johnno02
20th October 2008, 09:16 PM
No Problems Kevi,Glad to help.

I did say in an earlier thread it is a "Quirky"system to get used to.
It has driven me nuts at times(I,m no expert either),I have often heard my wife Mutter,"is there any need for that kind of language"
When I have been frustrated while trying set it up.

The one thing it does well is POSTCODE search.

We have lived in the Hunter Valley NSW for over 30 years,and I didn't know "Lochinvar,and Morpeth" share the same postcode, 2321,even though there around 20 klm's apart.

I checked the postcode book,and sure enough,these 2 seperate towns have the same postcode.

I have Igo8,Mio3.3,Destinator7,None of these allow Postcode search.

Cheers.
John

Wahroonga Farm
21st October 2008, 06:04 AM
Yes I agree 100% johnno02.

The address location/search IS the SINGLE superb feature of Route66. They have this part nailed. You simply punch in a jumble of 'things' that might be an address and hey presto.

But quite honestly .... the rest of it is complete rubbish. Very primitive features, no TTS and extremely crude driving display.

It's a GPS for dummies.

Save up for something better.

Dan`
21st October 2008, 03:05 PM
or just hack into it and change to a different nav program

johnno02
21st October 2008, 03:41 PM
I think the Map has problems,it refers to my town as "not yet coded,and may give wrong directions"

I took it for a drive today,around my local area,the map was showing streets,that are simply not there.

wanted to go through a roundabout at Rutherford,instead of turning left to get to Macca's.

I lost it,
Took it back to Aldi,and got a refund.

Nicko
21st October 2008, 03:52 PM
Is it Sensis or Navteq map?

johnno02
21st October 2008, 05:12 PM
Hi Nicko,

Its Navteq,2008 Q3

My 2007 Navteq work very well.

Wahroonga Farm
21st October 2008, 05:14 PM
It's Navteq ... supposedly 2008 Q3.

But I have serious doubts and suspect it's a much earlier version ... touted up.

There's certainly no changes to an early 2007 version ... in my neck of the woods. :(

Wahroonga Farm
21st October 2008, 05:23 PM
I think the Map has problems ..... Took it back to Aldi,and got a refund. I suspect this is a sound outcome unless you want a cheap PDA and wish to get WinCE 5 running.

johnno02
21st October 2008, 11:08 PM
I suspect this is a sound outcome unless you want a cheap PDA and wish to get WinCE 5 running.

Hi Mate,

Yes, Route 66,in any version is a nightmare to use INMO,
I had the earlier version(7),I think,easier to use, than this,but as you said,and I agree,Complete rubbish.

The only thing I REALLY Liked was the Postcode search,which worked very well.

I agree with you again re the Map,

When a 2007 Navteq map, works perfectly,in my area,and the "Latest 2008 Q3"????,says "This area not yet coded,you may get unreliable directions" Makes me wonder what is going on here.

Little wonder I drink...........Err, I have also been married for 35 years.

I still have a couple of Voxson's to fool around with,and a ****** site easier to hack into......with my very limited experience,the only pity with them is a slower Processor.

Regards.
John

robgill
29th November 2008, 11:20 AM
Thanks very much, have spent several hours trying to figure it out, it's easy when you know how.
John