PDA

View Full Version : Meridian Color Question

falcon74656
5th November 2005, 11:42 PM
Hi,

I have a Meridian Color and was woundering if there is a way to get the proximity alarm to sound on waypoints that are not linked to a route. eg. speed camera locations.

also, the manual states to turn off the unit before disconecting external power (12v in car lead) or removing the batteries. My question is: If you have batteries installed and are running the unit in a vehicle and turn off the ignition, will the unit automatically switch to battery power or do you run the risk of loosing data such as tracks and waypoints (as the manual states)?? :confused:

Any enlightenment would be apreciated.

Thanks.

yogie
6th November 2005, 05:58 AM
also, the manual states to turn off the unit before disconecting external power (12v in car lead) or removing the batteries. My question is: If you have batteries installed and are running the unit in a vehicle and turn off the ignition, will the unit automatically switch to battery power or do you run the risk of loosing data such as tracks and waypoints (as the manual states)?? :confused: Any enlightenment would be apreciated.
Thanks.

no you wont lose any info when you switch from one power souce to another. the unit will show a message that you have changed and and there's no point in turning the unit off to switch between power sources because it show a message when you actually change between them.
My old yellow type meridian does so the newer type will.

arthurking83
6th November 2005, 06:40 AM
Hi,

I have a Meridian Color and was woundering if there is a way to get the proximity alarm to sound on waypoints that are not linked to a route. eg. speed camera locations.

Thanks.

I just had a look at the msg/alarms menu, and it doesn't seem to support the kind of thing you want to do??

That would be good if it did though!

Although, at the rate speed cameras are going up, in a month or so the GPS would be constantly beeping annoying :D