selar
13th November 2005, 06:18 PM
Is this possible. If so, how?

arthurking83
13th November 2005, 08:46 PM
Oh! 2 hours is way too long for someone to answer :o

I will try!

What are you trying to edit?

I don't have OziCE, so I'm only going by what I get with Ozi (for PC).
You should be able to view the contents of the track file with NotePad!!

It's should be in text format, and once you open the file, it will look kinda obvious!

What format is OziCE track files? Are they .plt??

hope this helps :confused:

selar
14th November 2005, 03:36 AM
Yes, they are .plt files. I suppose you could edit them in notepad, but it looks a fairly tedious exercise. I was looking for a graphic way to edit them. I just want to cut out the wild goose chases I went on over the weekend, and be left with a track that takes me straight to the good bits.

I found a workaround: Display the track in Ozi or OziCE, plot waypoints along the good tracks, then clear the track, and create a new track by converting the waypoints to trackpoints.

Only problem is that I have to convert the waypoints one by one. Is there a way to select a whole bunch of waypoints to trackpoints?

arthurking83
14th November 2005, 06:02 AM
Aha!
Then I can help you! (now I understand what you want :D )

There is a 'track control' thingy you need to open! Yeah?
Find this and use this to edit your track.......

USING TRACK CONTROL:
What you need to do to get rid of those 'wild goose chases' is, click the 4th box from the right, up top at the tool bar.
It looks like a red point with an arrow pointing away??
(Hope fully the same thing in Ozi and in OziCE??)
Once you enable the "Active Track points" draw around them with you mouse to highlight them, and then use the "delete active track points" box in the toolbar, that is the box that has the red point with a black triangle pointing down!! 4th from the left.

Once you begin to play around with the track editor, you will get the hang of it !!!

Make sure you save a copy of the track first, just in case you do something wrong!!

cheers.

The Explorer
14th November 2005, 05:54 PM
There is no way to edit trackpoints in OziCE - as AK pointed out ..use PC version. I often open the tracklist (in track control box) and edit that way.
OziExplorer help file is good...while it is always a last resort, reading the instructions can be helpful:)
Cheers
Greg

Rob Dobson
14th November 2005, 06:05 PM
It is much easier to use the PC Oziexplorer and then download to your PDA.
In CE you can drag waypoints by going to Map/Drag Objects and you can add track points by going to View/Toolbar/Track toolbar.

selar
15th November 2005, 07:14 AM
Aha!
USING TRACK CONTROL:
What you need to do to get rid of those 'wild goose chases' is, click the 4th box from the right, up top at the tool bar.
It looks like a red point with an arrow pointing away??
(Hope fully the same thing in Ozi and in OziCE??)
Once you enable the "Active Track points" draw around them with you mouse to highlight them, and then use the "delete active track points" box in the toolbar, that is the box that has the red point with a black triangle pointing down!! 4th from the left.

This worked a treat, Thanks.