PDA

View Full Version : uploading maps Explorist XL and 600

ben4386
11th December 2008, 09:10 PM
hi guys i have an explorist XL and 600 that i have aquired.

Im trying to upload Festy's OSM maps to my gps via mapsend lite whilst the maps look great on mapsend lite and they do upload i get knowhere near the detail on the gps as i do on mapsend. I only can really see contours and pretty much no tracks.

anyone know the potential problem, any help would be greatly appreciated.

could it possibly be that each file is too large, (the vic topo is 32mb i think)

ben

cheez
12th December 2008, 05:32 AM
Same same Ben, I thought i was on a winner viewing it via mapsend until i fired up the gps. Seems to be most of the roads in Melb but up here in Gippsland and in particular heading up the bush there are very few of the roads/tracks etc. Festy posted that he is working on it atm so fingers crossed it may improve in time.

The Explorer
12th December 2008, 06:03 AM
Hello - Keep in mind that some tracks/roads/features may not display until you zoom in on the map to a certain point. If you go to Map setup you can increase the level of detail shown at lower zoom levels.

Cheers
Greg

ben4386
12th December 2008, 07:11 AM
thanks guys for the help, but for some reason i think its a problem with the way ive uploaded it/the unit itself and not the software.

The basemap actually has more detail (in terms of tracks) than the OSM maps.

I live in melb suburbs and all i can see is contours even on the very highest detail and for pretty much any zoom.

i compare that to map send lite where i can see pretty much every street in melbourne along with contours.

the way i uploaded the maps was in map send lite through gps contents>file manager>transfer data to gps unit> then i selected victopo.imi and transfered on to a SD card.

im a bit new to this so please forgive me if its something really simple ive overlooked

ben