PDA

View Full Version : printing off waypoints and tracking lines ?

yogie
21st November 2005, 06:37 AM
I'd like to apoligize now Because this will sound like the ramblings of a lunatic :eek: On the weekend, we did some riding and I was using the yellow mageelian with discover aus1, Now I can work out how to down load the waypoints but i tried to print them off and no luck. Also when the gps makes tracking lines to show where your been, is there a way I can show this on the pc via the software. And finnally I once (by accident :o ) made a whole heap of way points on a trip mind you it was after we had finished and i was playing around with the unit and it created a heap of them between the the first and last wp, how do i do this again....please help. lol :D

The Explorer
21st November 2005, 12:47 PM
Hello,
to print out a list of waypoints using DiscoverAus first save them as an excel file (if you have excel) or as a text file. To do this load waypoints into DiscoverAus then use WAYPOINTS - EXPORT and save. Open the saved file (with excel or if a text file , notepad, wordpad or word etc) then print away.

To clear waypoints from GPS you can do it manually (ie one at a time) but I suggest you clear them all (If you have a copy of your waypoints you wish to keep in on your PC) by going to SETUP - CLEAR MEMORY - WPTS/ROUTES. Its easier to edit the ones out you dont want on the PC (load waypoints and delete from list on right of screen by right clicking mouse on waypoint and select delete) then reload the revised waypoint file back to GPS.

To view track file , download from GPS in similar fashion to waypoints except use the TRACKS - DOWNLOAD FROM GPS menu....track should then be on DAST map...in theory.

Cheers
Greg

arthurking83
21st November 2005, 04:30 PM
G'day Yogie,

I ahve just saved my days driving (as I do everyday) and after DAST has finished downloading the track from the GPS, it should automajically show your track on the map!

....and i was playing around with the unit and it created a heap of them between the the first and last wp, how do i do this again.

I think you may have hit the "Convert to Route" option in the [Tracks] toolbar to achieve what you described :confused:

You can load a track (from file) and try this option again!

This is what my window looks like after a track has been downloaded.............

yogie
22nd November 2005, 05:32 PM
Thanks fella, it worked a treat. you are the magellian master :D :D :D