PDA

View Full Version : Tevion freezes or loops while loading

dannyboyds
3rd January 2009, 01:03 PM
Ok so my Tevion from Aldi one day decided that whenever I turned it on, it would load directly into the GPS as normal, but it just keeps on loading, after 5 - 10 mins it would then freeze.

Try to connect it to the computer, oh, that wont work now, try a good old fashioned hard reboot. So I pulled it appart and cut the battery off, left for a few hours and returned, still no ****** go?

Ok you lil sunofa*****, I considered throwing it at a brick wall, might not fix it but it would make me feel better :P

I then slid the lock on, and it turned off, I then held down the "m" button (The button next to standby, but holding standby worked too) and slid the lock off.

It loaded to a new screen in another language, connecting to the PC still does nothing? ok what if I push the standby button now?

Oh it scrolls through the chinese or whatever, bottom option, push "M" it changes? slide lock on again.

Slid the lock off and it LOADED :P straight into screen calibration and all in chinese, did that and it stayed a white screen with chinese, one tap and it went straight back to windows CE 6.0 in chinese, I then navigated through the options to change the language to English, beautiful it works.

However not sure why but the GPS program wont load at the very moment, so i'll try re-installing from the CD later, I might even need that voucher number I got with the GPS.

It worked for me, might be just lucky not sure, hope it helps someone else, or at leasts points them in the right direction.

yuefu
31st January 2009, 04:54 AM
It's a great help.
My gps got into trouble just like yours. I just can not change the volume. I "RESET" the gps by pressing the standby button and unlock it. the Chinese word appears and I selected the reset to the factory( which is the second choice). and then I locked it, then unlock, it's just ok. I happened to have a friend who has the same gps as mine, so I just copy the vdisk directory to mine.
It's ok now.

Thank you a lot.

VFRBoy
20th February 2009, 08:02 PM
Thanks so much for posting that!! :mighty

Mine also does not load the GPS after the rest and getting it back to English. It loads the Media browser instead...

So I guess I have to do a restore, which is a pain because it takes so long and I'll lose all my favourites, but THANKS.

VFR Boy

PinkHarrier
1st March 2009, 10:17 PM
I posted the following on another thread. Naturally I found this thread immediately afterwards.

My problem is that when I switch it on, all I now get since today is the initial picture of the satellite constellation until it pretty well freezes.

I have activesynch on my XP but it doesn't really get into the GPS apart from acknowlege there is a mobile unit.

In other words, it isn't booting up.

Any clues or links?

I have a 3501 with CE 6.0 from WOW and it too has started freezing in the manner described previously.

I managed, after reading this thread to get it up BUT it seems to have lost everything on and within the VDISK (except UsbAS.exe - whatever that is). In otherwords, the program and database map have gone.

Is this the common experience?

mlenser
13th March 2009, 06:18 PM
I managed, after reading this thread to get it up BUT it seems to have lost everything on and within the VDISK (except UsbAS.exe - whatever that is). In otherwords, the program and database map have gone.

Is this the common experience?I've just finished playing around with a friends WinCE 6.0 PMW 3501 which was handed to me in this same condition so your not the only one.

Mine also does not load the GPS after the rest and getting it back to English. It loads the Media browser instead...Same problem I had after restoring the maps from the Back-up CD. The trick to fix this problem is to go into Settings - Reset GPS - and then browse to "\VDisk\MobileNavigator\" and select MobileNavigator.exe. After that the GPS button started Route 66 instead of Media Browser.

mlenser
13th March 2009, 06:39 PM
To avoid having to restore Route 66 from the Backup CD and then update the maps - a process of over 2 HOURS for each step I did the following:

First I went to http://www.tempoaustralia.com.au/gps/ and downloaded "Australia SENSIS 2008-Q4a.map"
Next I made a folder called "VDisk" on my desktop (C:\Documents and Settings\Your_Username\Desktop\VDisk\).
Then I copied the files from the "MemoryImage" folder on the Back-Up CD into the VDisk folder on my desktop (C:\Documents and Settings\Your_Username\Desktop\VDisk\).
I then deleted the "Australia SENSIS 2008-Q4.map" from VDisk\Data\maps\ on my Desktop (C:\Documents and Settings\Your_Username\Desktop\VDisk\Data\maps\).
Next I copied the "Australia SENSIS 2008-Q4a.map" file I just downloaded into VDisk\Data\maps\ on my Desktop (C:\Documents and Settings\Your_Username\Desktop\VDisk\Data\maps\)
Then I connected the PWM 3501 to my pc via ActiveSync and copied all the files from VDisk on my Desktop (C:\Documents and Settings\Your_Username\Desktop\VDisk\) to the VDisk folder on the GPS (Mobile Device\VDisk\)

This saved me 2 1/2 hours as I only had to do it once.

P.S.
I have no idea why a ~260mb transfer takes nearly 2 1/2 hours via USB - seems slower than USB 1.1 speeds?

dannyboyds
14th August 2009, 07:22 PM
sorry for a major delay in reply guys, I forgot about this.

to get the GPS to load and not the media player after the reset you need to ensure that the file gps.txt )I think from memory) is in the root directory and not the gps directory.

going off of memory here guys but the problem is to do with the location of the file and or it not being present at all, the file will be on the cd that came with the navigator

ekman
21st December 2009, 09:27 AM
Hello Gurus
What I have now is when I connect to PC I see only this file, nothing else. The device does not connect thru ActiveSync. What do you suggest I do
Thanks in advance

johnhajter
22nd December 2009, 10:05 PM
Hello Gurus
What I have now is when I connect to PC I see only this file, nothing else. The device does not connect thru ActiveSync. What do you suggest I do
Thanks in advance
Hi ekman,
maybe use the CD to load the files again, an use the activation card to activate the map, or use some free gps programs.
If I am not mistaken, you could start your windows ce explorer,
go to control panel, find the USB connection there and enable
usb communication something like comm port, maybe this is the right track, or maybe this usb file on you vdisk is what the upgrade from CD is looking for.
john

ekman
23rd December 2009, 11:21 AM
thanks
what i did was to create a new gps.txt file and had it saved to root dir
this got my activesync going
so will try now to load from the CD which I have misplaced but thankfully TempoAustralia is sending another one