PDA

View Full Version : @#%&!... Magellan.... :mad:

arthurking83
2nd December 2005, 06:47 PM
I've been running my MeriColor with DAST topo now for some months, and it's been bothersome to a small degree!

Today I almost threw the Color out the window!!
There are some of my documented search problems with my Meridian and DAST topo, mainly regarding the POI database Magelan has created.
It's hit and miss, some streets work, others don't. Some restaurants work....etc.
This is when using the search function, and sometimes having done that it may happen when I try to view the POI. (The Meridian will reboot!)

All this was with firmware version 5.40.
Today after some 8 hours of track logging (my main reason for using the GPSr everyday) the GPSr just randomly rebooted/reset itself. For no apparent reason!
All I saw was the unit reboot to the 'welcome' screen, then it's asking me to initialise :confused:

I've had a couple of other issues with the unit, but maybe my GPSr is a wee bit dodgy??
I noticed that while I had my mates Meridian for a week or two (side by side) I had less satellites in the sky than his did? (10 v's 12).

So I got home today (without my track to download! :mad: ) and the first thing I did was downgrade the firmware to v5.36.
The screen pictures aren't as good looking...
....eg: with fw v5.40, in areas where there are parks are shaded with a dotty green texture (looks like a park or reserve!).
With fw v5.36 the same area is just a black outline(no green).

I'll live with that, as long as there are no more reboots!!!
C'mon Magellan/NextDestination, how about some product support??

Anyone else having trouble with Meridian/DAST topo combo?

(one day soon, I'll get my mates Meridian back and run it for a couple of days with my DAST topo on it! see if it's just my unit!)

cheers.

gammapisigma
3rd December 2005, 08:40 AM
I remember seeing something about this on (I think) the Yahoo meridian group. And if I remember correctly it was something to do with the firmware. Magellan response was to downgrade the firmware, which is what you have had to do, and they were working on the problem.

Mike.

arthurking83
3rd December 2005, 09:54 AM
I remember seeing something about this on (I think) the Yahoo meridian group. .................
Mike.

That was probably me!! :D

I emailed Magellan (no reply!)
and NextDestination (can't do anything unless Magellan does!)

Dooghan
3rd December 2005, 04:01 PM
Maybe you should go and buy a Garmin........sorry I mean another Magellan :D ;)

Dooghan

helterskelter400
3rd December 2005, 06:31 PM
Maybe you should go and buy a Garmin........sorry I mean another Magellan :D ;)

Dooghan

haha, garmin... haha :]