PDA

View Full Version : mapsource

lufc00
4th December 2005, 04:00 PM
gday all ,today i purchased a etrek legend and i was wondering if i should buy mapsource ,i do a lot of trailbike riding so is it worth buying ,does it show tracks or just main roads.
i'd like to be able to mark out a loop on the pc and upload it to the gps
your help would be great
thanks

Jackaroo
4th December 2005, 04:22 PM
Gday
If you look at the following thread (http://www.gpsaustralia.net/forums/showthread.php?t=761) , it will point you in the right direction for improving the maps on the eTrex Legend
Myself, I would purchase OziExplorer to use on the PC. This allows you to upload and download tracks from the legend, and keep a record of tracks on the PC

lufc00
4th December 2005, 04:42 PM
thanks for that jackaroo.
i have oziexplorer ,but wat map do i use on that, i have natmap raster but it doesnt show tracks

arthurking83
4th December 2005, 05:29 PM
thanks for that jackaroo.
i have oziexplorer ,but wat map do i use on that, i have natmap raster but it doesnt show tracks

Ozi will display any maps you like(and have time to calibrate, if you scan one!)

You can download various other sources of maps, like the NSW topos from here.....
so it depends on your area of interest!

Just ask for some maps!

Just remember that you need the calibration files too.

yellowdog
4th December 2005, 09:36 PM
lufc00,

I have Mapsource and to use a legend for trailbike riding. Mapsource does not display too much in the way of detail, but is useful for storing your information once you have logged some tracks in different areas. You can also use it to set up routes if you are planning on travelling cross country.

Yellowdog

Dooghan
5th December 2005, 03:47 AM
Check out the pics in this post of mine.

Dooghan

lufc00
5th December 2005, 09:15 AM
thanks guys youve been a great help :)