PDA

View Full Version : PRM Map File

garry_i_a@aapt.net.au
16th January 2009, 09:00 AM
Hi All, I have a cheapie gps from ebay with Route 66 Maps. I have downloaded Aussie map but is a prm file. The map file on gps is also in prm. my puter will not recognise those files and cannot transfer new map to gps folder. Have tried Microsoft Active Sync and Route 66 Sync but they wont recognise gps. Very frustrating, please help.

Nicko
16th January 2009, 09:23 AM
First of all I suggest you change your registered member name or else you run the risk of lots of spam. Secondly please place topics in the appropriate section in future. Thirdly PM me a new name and I will change it for you.

festy
16th January 2009, 07:35 PM
Does your PC see the GPSr as a hard disk when it's plugged in?
If so, you should be able to just drag and drop the map into the correct folder

garry_i_a@aapt.net.au
30th January 2009, 07:54 PM
:best Thankyou festy. Everything worked out well. Sorry i didn't answer you sooner. Been on holidays. Cheers.

Ningsheng2006
26th October 2009, 01:01 PM
Hi All, I have a cheapie gps from ebay with Route 66 Maps. I have downloaded Aussie map but is a prm file. The map file on gps is also in prm. my puter will not recognise those files and cannot transfer new map to gps folder. Have tried Microsoft Active Sync and Route 66 Sync but they wont recognise gps. Very frustrating, please help.

Where did you download the maps? :swim