PDA

View Full Version : Mio Crashes

Bob P
18th February 2009, 07:33 AM
My C720t Mio GPS has a reset problem during navigation. During navigation the unit crashes and then resets back to the menu. I informed Mio of this and they told me to run a patch on their site ‘fix occasional error during navigation’.
I downloaded this file many times, but when I try to open it I get a fatal error message. Mio will not give me a satisfactory response.
I have also received the Mio update 2008 and I thought installing it would solve my problems, but after discovering this site, I have reconsidered.
Advice would be very much appreciated.

Ray2008
18th March 2009, 03:10 PM
I had, or still have but don't use, a Mio with exactly the same problem. I'd be driving along following the instructions and at a critical moment I'd get a white screen of death and have reset the whole lot and put in the directions again, before I could move on. This started to happen with frustrating regularity and so I eventually stopped using it.

I got no satisfaction from the Mio site and moved on to something else. Funnily enough, I needed a new mobile phone at the time and so bought one of the Nokia 6110 units with voice navigation (don't know why this was dropped with the 6210) and it's worked fine for all of my city navigation, regardless of which city I'm in.

My view is to just toss the Mio and look for one of the more reliable products, those that provide regular updates and good backup service. Based on my short experience with my Garmin GPS, they'd be one I'd look at, but I've also heard a lot of good reports about Tom Tom.

Cheers

Ray

Madmav
18th March 2009, 05:33 PM
Same deal here.....crashes en route. Ditching the MIO and going for something more reliable.