PDA

View Full Version : Voice directions with Oziexplorer CE

BigTed
9th January 2006, 05:06 PM
From all the information I've read on the tutorial for CE, I believe if you set out a route with waypoints, the program should look at the angle between the waypoint you are at and the next waypoint, then automatically "voice" the direction of the turn, based on the angle between the two waypoints.

The problem is, I have created the route including turning waypoints and "silent" waypoints to aid in the angle calculations, but I hear no prompting what so ever.

Am I doing something wrong. Ist there something in the configuration of the PDA. I'm using a MIO 168, similar to the Navman PIN.
Hope someone can shed some light.
Thanks,
John

bcasot
11th January 2006, 03:14 PM
Hi all.

Can anyone confirm this?

"Ozi .... should look at the angle between the waypoint you are at and the next waypoint, then automatically "voice" the direction of the turn, based on the angle between the two waypoints.

Thanks

arthurking83
11th January 2006, 03:30 PM
Can anyone confirm this?

Yeah, apparently OziCE does voice prompting if set up this way when you create a route.

I don't have OziCE (or a PDA)........
But if I did, the first thing I would confirm is, the sound on the PDA is on, or set to a reasonble volume,and is confirmed to beworking, and the wav file for the voice prompt is present!!

But without a copy of OziCE, and a PDA, it's pointless just guessing :o

cheers.

PED04
12th January 2006, 07:23 AM
Does the sample route prompting file work (OziCE comes with a sample file)? If it does, at least you know the sound files are there; if not, the sound files may not be there, or there is some sound problem.

BigTed
13th January 2006, 08:00 PM
I can confirm the wav files are there. They work when you open them, quite clear and concise. I also run CoPilot for street nav, and this works fine for voice too, but it just doesn't work when I create a route as mentioned.
I deleted the demo route as it wasn't in my area anyway, so I can't be sure whether this route gave voice commands.
I'll write an email to Ozi and post their reply here.