PDA

View Full Version : Joining maps

familytruck
12th January 2006, 02:08 PM
Hi,

I have been loading some track logs into OziExplorer and I've found one track of Abercrombie National Park is in 4 corners of 4 different maps.

Is there any way to join the maps together. Load the new map then overlay the track log so it would basically be in the center of the screen?

Paul

mitchofsutho
12th January 2006, 02:49 PM
If you have the four map images and associated OziE .map files (ie if you can open all four maps in OziE), used OziE Map Merge program to merge the four maps together. It can be downloaded from the OziExplorer website. It will merge the four maps or the section of the four maps you choose into a new map and create a new .map file for that new map. Map Merge only works with previously OziE configured map images with associated .map files. It will not work with only map images.

familytruck
12th January 2006, 07:14 PM
ok, thanks for that.

Just trying it with 2 maps to start with......hmmm. Its going to take a while on my laptop

Paul

mitchofsutho
16th January 2006, 07:09 AM
Yep...depending on the size and number of maps to be joined, the process can take many hours, but the wait is worth it. If I have a large area, encompassing a number of maps, to join, just prepare it in the evening, and let it process whilst sleeping.