View RSS Feed

Nicko

1. Aventura reliability

Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    For the past 4 years I have sold quite a few TwoNav Aventuras, but never have I seen a GPS in such poor condition still running. I visited CompeGPS in Spain last week to see those I have been dealing with for so long and to see some new products, in particular the new Anima and Anima+.

I have seen some Aventuras returned for repair, mostly from people not installing the updates correctly or from excessive wriggling of the USB but never in the condition as per pictures.
    was given
    Categories
    Handheld
  2. Lowrance

Lowrance have dropped their prices for their HDS series. In light of the AUD dropping normally prices go up.

Name:  lowrance.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  499.4 KB

More information: http://www.lowrance.com/en-au/Products/HDS-Gen2-Touch/
  3. Holux joins the Smart watch fray with the Wearable Lifestyle WRL-8100.

The name and model number is well, not romantic or expressive, even so, it does the job and Holux have always been expressing themselves well with their product range. The Wearable Lifestyle WRL-8100 is it's full name and model number, but I will just stick to the model number to save on keyboard wear and tear. Based on ARM Cortex-M0 processor, supports both Android and Apple devices with the Lifestyle App which can can help users track the effectiveness of workouts; and provides a n a l y
    Categories
    Fitness
  4. New Edge 1000 Cycling Computer from Garmin

Garmin have announced the Edge 1000 cycling computer.

The link below shows the difference between the Edge 510, Edge 810 and Edge 1000 and the first important feature, to me, is the larger screen. A cyclist would consider the additional segment features and advanced smartphone connectivity. The Edge 1000 has the ability for incoming call and text alerts from your iPhoneŽ 4s or later onscreen. Shame it doesn't talk to Samsung devices, but hey for the USD$699 you have to ...

Updated 27th September 2014 at 02:26 PM by Nicko

Categories
    Fitness
  5. Choice Magazine once again fails to deliver on GPS

I read an article that Choice Magazine produced that is clearly naiive and simply put, rubbish. I cannot believe Choice Magazine can be recognised as a qualifier on anything just based on their articles on GPS.

The problem is, they report on only partial market a n a l sy s i s and not the whole, in particular only pick the top two manufacturers. All this does is market the 3 major brands and if I didn't know better I would have thought they were being paid off.

but I
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast