Entries with no category

1. Intelematics and Toyota Australia join forces

Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    Name:  intelematics-logo.gif
Views: 308
Size:  5.9 KB Name:  toyota_icon.png
Views: 389
Size:  79.1 KB

Australian motorists can access a new suite of apps directly from their car dashboard with the launch of Toyota Link, developed by leading connected mobility services provider Intelematics.

Owners of the 2014 Toyota Corolla Sedan, and the latest release Hilux, Rav 4 and Prado models will have access to the Australian version of Toyota’s App suite with more Toyota models to join the program in
  2. TomTom MySports mobile app

Name:  tomtom-MySports.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  37.8 KB

Start a workout faster with your TomTom Sport Watch and MySports mobile app

January 27th, 2013 – TomTom has has its MySports mobile app available to download. The MySports mobile app automatically connects with a TomTom Runner and Multi-Sport GPS watch to upload key performance information, including distance, time and calories, using Bluetooth® Smart technology.

The mobile app also allows users to start a run
  3. TomTom introduce a rugged 7" tablet called Bridge

Name:  tomtom-bridge-800.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  63.4 KB

If there was a moment I can say wow, this is one of them, because, I never expected a rugged, let alone a 7" device from Tomtom. What is also wow is the allowance for developers to utilise TomTom technology.

It is primarily aimed at Fleet Management and tracking and clearly will deliver in that field but I also see a market for the general public, well if the price is much lower than I anticipate.

This has the opportunity
  4. 3D Robotics '3DR IRIS' GPS-guided quadcopter

Name:  3d-robotics-iris-drone.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  21.8 KB

Quadcopters with GPS are not new, however, the aim here is to buy a ready to go off the shelf unit that can also easily add a GoPro Action Camera. By all means, this is not the only unit from 3DRobotics but is a good start point for those who want a quality built unit with at least the basics of an RC that has the ability to be recovered easily.

Autonomous UAVs may be all the rage these days among professionals, but unfortunately a
  5. Garmin D2 pilot watch

Name:  garmin-d2-pilot-watch-0.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  16.0 KB

Garmin’s D2 pilot watch puts the emphasis on utility by providing pilots with navigation and avionics readouts at the touch of a button.
    Adapted from an existing consumer watch, the D2 is waterproof to 50 m, has a domed lens for easy reading in direct sunlight, and an orange backlight to protect night vision.
    Not surprisingly, it has the usual watch functions, such as time, date, alarm, timer, chronograph, and chimes and vibration alerts.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast