Thread: TwoNav Aventura "Second Generation" released

Blog Entries

TwoNav Aventura "Second Generation" released

CompeGPS have released a newer version of the Aventura that is more waterproof, better case design, louder speaker and brighter screen. Looks the same, same green/brown colour scheme and same battery, cradle, cables etc etc. The only physical difference is that the battery cover has changed and will not fit on the "First Generation" Aventura. They figured that water ingress through the battery compartment was an issue, albeit rare and made significant changes with it which means a new AA battery holder has to be designed; yet to be manufactured. Only about 10% of sales had an AA battery kit, with 5% after a second standard battery. Other changes are the design of the boots that cover the SD card slot and USB port. Better placement of the back screws with some additional ones for added proofness.

The screen is clearly brighter outside of daylight but I will check daylight viewability tomorrow. as for the speaker, much much louder, I can see they have changed the speaker setup, meaning the speaker opening no longer has a white waterproof membrane. Wether or not they used polproylene or not in the first version it seems they have worked out a way to have the speaker visible and retain waterproof rating.
    The sun rises and sets, the moon wax and wanes, oceans ebb and rise, warmth of spring and the coolness of autumn and my heart beats as if I belong to them all.
    www.gpsaustralia.net

Hi

Are these available for purchase? No mention on the TwoNav website.
    Dont really need to update but...

Cheers
    Greg
    To find yourself, think for yourself Socrates 469 BC

Blog Entries
    They didn't tell anyone until I asked for some AA batteries
    "We don't have AA batteries for the new model as yet"
    "What new model"?
    "the one's we sent you"
    "oh, okay"

I have 3 in stock
    The sun rises and sets, the moon wax and wanes, oceans ebb and rise, warmth of spring and the coolness of autumn and my heart beats as if I belong to them all.
    www.gpsaustralia.net

Great...just when I thought I'd cured my desire to buy another gps. I'll take my tablets and see what happens during the week.
    Greg
    To find yourself, think for yourself Socrates 469 BC