Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Polaris GPS

1. Quote Originally Posted by skinnee
    any updates on this in dash model ?

Blog Entries
    No, due to delays in getting the on-dash units, it has delayed the in-dash. We are expecting the on-dash next week as they have already been shipped.
    The sun rises and sets, the moon wax and wanes, oceans ebb and rise, warmth of spring and the coolness of autumn and my heart beats as if I belong to them all.
    www.gpsaustralia.net

3. Quote Originally Posted by Nicko
    No, due to delays in getting the on-dash units, it has delayed the in-dash. We are expecting the on-dash next week as they have already been shipped.
    Thank you Nicko.

I am probably jumping the gun here, is there any chance they can be an in-dash + portable bundle with same software etc.

e.g. In-dash for 4wd and a hand held for bush walking?

hope i made sense there.

hows the in-dash unit coming along. I am about to lay out for a new truck, but am hovering until I work out a replacement for the setup I had in the Patrol. Would happily be a guinea pig for this *hint, hint*
    Gas Gas '06 450FSE
    HGS Pipe, Racetech Suspension, Fastway Pegs, Renthal Bars, Barkbusters
    GU5 CRD Patrol ST
    Cooper 32" ST's, IPF 900 Spotties, TJM T13 Bar, Snorkel, Towbar, SatNav, Dual Battery's

SatNav about to be replaced with an eeeCarPC

5. Hi Nicko
    Is there any word on the in dash units you where hoping to supply. I just can`t find any info about their release yet.

6. Update

Nicko
    What is the status of these products?
    Do they actually exist

Blog Entries
    Can you guys tell me which vehicle you have and the model so I can get back to you with a definitive answer
    The sun rises and sets, the moon wax and wanes, oceans ebb and rise, warmth of spring and the coolness of autumn and my heart beats as if I belong to them all.
    www.gpsaustralia.net

8. Landcruiser 100 series -
    I am interested in any unit that features reversing CCD camera or cameras input as well as 4WD maps plus normal
    Aussie GPS maps , In dash or on dash and easily and cheaply updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicko
    Can you guys tell me which vehicle you have and the model so I can get back to you with a definitive answer
    Have you trialled the in dash models yet?

10. Hi, I'm new. Please inform asap if I break any protocols. I've just ordered a Polaris Model NG 7200. Plan to install the camera above the number plate on LC200. Did not order the offered HEMA maps until I learn more.
    Anyone had any problems with this unit?
    Advice as to what mapping software to use is much appreciated.
    Anticipating caravanning on blacktop for now but do get offroad from time to time with old Toyota ute usually in FNQ.
    Polaris website shows OS: Windows OS CE 6.0.

11. I've just had a unit installed in LC200. Installation was pretty straight forward. Saved some time by installing same when wiring for brake controller & extra power to van power & lights socket was run. Had one dodgy connector on the rear vision camera that needed taping up. Should have considered using the VMS combination numberplate light & camera to simplify installation.
    Only problem is with the Chinglish instruction manual. Basically now trying to set & save radio stations, operate GPS etc by intuition.

12. Hi Nicko

I know that this is an old thread, but there has been some activity on it recently. I'm looking for a unit to go into a 2007 120 series Prado.

BigPat

Blog Entries
    I am trying to organise 3 test units, one for the Prado, Landcruiser and a generic. Once received I will then confirm the models available. I know this has been slow but I have been busy with this since meeting the manufacturer a week ago..
    www.gpsaustralia.net

14. thanks Nicko

15. Ng7700

Quote Originally Posted by oot
    I've just had a unit installed in LC200. Installation was pretty straight forward. Saved some time by installing same when wiring for brake controller & extra power to van power & lights socket was run. Had one dodgy connector on the rear vision camera that needed taping up. Should have considered using the VMS combination numberplate light & camera to simplify installation.
    Only problem is with the Chinglish instruction manual. Basically now trying to set & save radio stations, operate GPS etc by intuition.
    I've just installed the same unit -did you upgrade your maps??
    if so what with ??

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast