1. Tracking someone

Is it possible to track where someone has been by accessing their GPS?

The short answer is no.

Tracking gps's (as used in fleet vehicles, trucks etc) use the mobile network to SMS their locations on a regular basis to base, where the data is decoded and presented via appropriate software.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Wahroonga Farm
    The short answer is no.

Tracking gps's (as used in fleet vehicles, trucks etc) use the mobile network to SMS their locations on a regular basis to base, where the data is decoded and presented via appropriate software.

Thanks,

What if I moved a car, can the owner see I moved it by looking at their GPS?
    Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Quote Originally Posted by ptt
    Thanks,

What if I moved a car, can the owner see I moved it by looking at their GPS?
    Hi - most GPS units can be set to record a track file (a point is recorded at set intervals of time or distance).....so if you move a car that has a gps in it, and the gps is on and a track is being recorded and saved to a file, it would then be possible for anyone (car owner included) to look at the track file at a later date and see where the car has been.

Cheers
    Greg
    To find yourself, think for yourself Socrates 469 BC

Don't all parents do that to track their childrens movements.

Quote Originally Posted by Wahroonga Farm
    Don't all parents do that to track their childrens movements.
    And I have heard that sometimes, just sometimes, a wife/husband will check up on their husband/wife - usually seems to happens about the same time as they ask each other for a divorce :-) :-)

Not sure of the connection :-)
    Last edited by KiwiAngler; 3rd June 2009 at 06:55 PM. Reason: typo