Thread: ttMaps - Display raster maps on TomTom GPS

ttMaps - Display raster maps on TomTom GPS

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Visit ttMap for further information.

It's a pretty exciting development for the Linux OS Tom Tom Go, One and XL. You can view and navigate with calibrated ecw (raster) maps.

Development of further features is ongoing.
    Disclaimer

This software is not a professional software and its use is the sole responsibility of the user, who accepts any defects. The author of the software assumes no liability for loss or injury or loss of data that can result from a software bug, or an error made by the user during installation or use.
    Move over Hema Nav.

More info on the map file system here .

Here's seven large scale ttMap ready Australia state maps.

Can't vouch for them, as I don't have a TomTom. Thanks to 'Downunder35m'.

I'm uncertain of copyright issues (Hema map 2001), so if it's on the nose, please delete.

As you can see they're not detailed.

[link removed by Nicko]

Edit: The map is distorted from the original, so perhaps the calibration and/or projection used is imperfect?
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Thank you once again

4. Thank you, I have downloaded the maps but have not been able to open them as they are password protected.

Password maybe: downunder

Blog Entries
    I'm uncertain of copyright issues (Hema map 2001), so if it's on the nose, please delete.
    I think you might realise that unless it is a key map then most likely it would attract copyright issues. Possibly a 1:1 million map if no detail? I have removed the link.
    The sun rises and sets, the moon wax and wanes, oceans ebb and rise, warmth of spring and the coolness of autumn and my heart beats as if I belong to them all.
    www.gpsaustralia.net

Update with Aussie projections

Jean-Claude has finished the latest version of ttMaps with all Australian Datums and Projections included.

So get on with converting those ecw's for your TomTom

Have a look here !

Does anyone know if this software will work on a PDA? Palm TX running TomTom Navigator 6.

Blog Entries
    Move over Hema Nav.
    But like all brands, you can only look at either vector or raster and not both or multple maps concurrently..... which you can with TwoNav.
    The sun rises and sets, the moon wax and wanes, oceans ebb and rise, warmth of spring and the coolness of autumn and my heart beats as if I belong to them all.
    www.gpsaustralia.net