Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mobile Phone Tracking

Mobile Phone Tracking

http://www.themobiletracker.com/english/index.html

Great sight for tracking mobile phones by triangulation.
    I just entered Nicko's mobile (from the shop contact page, its not a secret) and was amazed by the result.
    Using billions of $$$ worth of satellites to find Tupperware in the bush!
    Profile for bshwckr

I tried it by entering my own mobile no.
    Amazing how it knew where I was.
    regards Michael

yacht racing at RMYS
    Lake Mountain Ski Patrol
    bush walking anywhere in Vic

Blog Entries
    seen this in here before?
    The sun rises and sets, the moon wax and wanes, oceans ebb and rise, warmth of spring and the coolness of autumn and my heart beats as if I belong to them all.
    www.gpsaustralia.net

Quote Originally Posted by Michael
    I tried it by entering my own mobile no.
    Amazing how it knew where I was.
    I entered my number too. However it was wrong!
    Maybe the reason was that I'm on the NextG network and not GSM.

Although this particular sight is a joke, the technology is available and used by law enforcement agency now. I wonder how long before it is readily available for the masses?
    Profile for bshwckr

We use mobile phone triangulation at work all the time to help try and find missing and suicidal people.
    The phone companies will only do the triangulation if it is life threatening but when they do it is pretty impressive.
    They send a fax through with a google map showing the last location of the mobile phone at the time of the interrogation.
    I had a suicidal female on the Melbourne trains and we were able to track her down the line and get units at the next station to pick her up.
    Some days the triangulation is super quick and accurate.. other days not so crash hot. As long as the phone is turned on it will work.
    Still pretty impressive though.

Several services use the ability to track individual phones, although their identity is not used.
    One of the things it's used for is to make predictions in traffic flow and adjusting routing.
    By following these (anonymus) phones moving along routes they are able to deduct the average speed for that area and use this in the TMC-info to adjust routing in navigation equipment like TomTom.
    Regards,
    Pocileh
    http://www.ourwebspot.nl/English_index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Pocileh
    One of the things it's used for is to make predictions in traffic flow and adjusting routing.
    By following these (anonymus) phones moving along routes they are able to deduct the average speed for that area and use this in the TMC-info to adjust routing in navigation equipment like TomTom.
    Holy moly, batman!! That's rather tricky.

9. Quote Originally Posted by bshwckr
    Although this particular sight is a joke, the technology is available and used by law enforcement agency now. I wonder how long before it is readily available for the masses?
    Isn't it called the iPhone. I sure I heard that if you loose your iPhone you can track it down by Apple's MobleMe website.

10. Bugger, I got busted.

For free (apart from data costs) application

http://phonelocator.mobi/

This application will need to use the inbuilt gps. Not quite the same as using triangulation from cell towers. The gps on your average Nokia will flatten the battery in about 2 hours.

I can see that the Man Down system mentioned in the previous post could be quite useful as it allows remote switching on/off of the gps amongst other things.
    Profile for bshwckr

12. australia map

i have a mobile with built in GPS and software(navione), i dont have maps of australia, how can i use the GPS feature. im very new to this GPS thing so dont know much

13. Location Based Services

You dont even have to have GPS on your phone and through location based services the network will be able to tell the cops where you are within 50 meters even if you are indoors. Amazing!

Blog Entries
    50 metres, show me the link to get that accuracy all times everytime.
    The sun rises and sets, the moon wax and wanes, oceans ebb and rise, warmth of spring and the coolness of autumn and my heart beats as if I belong to them all.
    www.gpsaustralia.net

15. Lbs

Quote Originally Posted by Nicko
    50 metres, show me the link to get that accuracy all times everytime.
    Depends on the cellular tower density. That really determins the accuracy. I have seen it work here even when in a building

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast