Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ozi CE help ??

On the question .. got me a bit stumped.

As long as you have exited fully from Navman the GPS port should be freed. Or use the reset button to be sure, then launch Miopocket then Ozi.
    John k - Garmin Oregon 300, GPSmap76 & GPS16 plus various WinCe PNDs with OziCe & IGO8

MY50T - reading an SD card??

Hi, I want to take advantage of the great information on this forum to enable additonal usage of the Navman GPS's but I am not able to get my MY50T to read from the SD card....I understand more upmarket models to read the card slot but apparently not mine....is there a trick in forcing it to do it via connection to a laptop?
    Thanks
    Paul
    Brisbane.

Unlock Navman

To Wahroonga Farm et al
    I previously sought help 'coz the unlock of my Navman s80 wouldn't work (no find GPS; no find Maps).

Finally got back on it and nutted it out(!)
    Updated Mios unlock software (version 55): that didn't help.
    However, original Instructions had said to format SD card to FAT32, which I had done.

In another Forum I found comment to "try just FAT format as an alternative", did so and all works!!!!! First Time!!! No "Fiddling"!!!

Trouble is, the image isn't that great and after "clicking" (tapping) a couple of icons (eg: "Moving Map" then Zoom a couple of times), the system goes into extreme slow response - re-tapping just slows it even more, til it stops. Must be a memory overload problem: I'm using a 4 Gb SD card with Natmap's 250K map & image files, but I don't know what the System requires in RAM or whatever.....

I'll persevere out of pure refusal to be beat, but I'm sure I'll just go back to using my (too large) laptop in the whoopie, instead.

Thanks Wahroonga et al, anyway!
    Cheers to all

Dr Hook

Hi again,

Wot format is the 250k map?

Geez .. too easy with a fat format eh? Must be a Navman thing.
    John k - Garmin Oregon 300, GPSmap76 & GPS16 plus various WinCe PNDs with OziCe & IGO8

Wahroonga Farm;

Maps were straight off the Natmap Raster CD - .ecw format (I think). Tried converting them - even just some sections (to ozf??) some time ago but the laptop was grinding away for 2 days and still didn't finish.

The SD card FAT format works, but as I said, slows down after a few "clicks". I'm guessing on FAT32 format, this doesn't happen???

Dr Hook

I was thinking ozf may help with a huge 2Gb map.

I've run the most eastern 250k map slice converted to ozf with no problems on a WinCe device; not sure of the format (probably 32).

I've also converted the 250k to ozf; took about 18 hours on an old 1.8Gkz AMD machine.

7. Navman not reading maps

hello,
    I have just started on this journey and found that simply copying the map folder to Ozice will not work, it must be unzipped to that folder. Hope that helped.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12