Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A GPS Primer

Question Bamboozeled

Ok here we go guys .Ivé only just joined ,out of sheer frustration ! . Ive bought a chinese cheapie and ive managed to get ozie ce on it as it's running win ce 5 .I can manage to get some maps showing on it after i converted them from *map format using Img2ozf.But the problem is they're not of the area im interested in which is esperance to perth region .I do have have a great map of oz but its in ecw format ,i can get it to run my laptop.I did get onto the gps but it took ages to load,so i tried to convert it to bmp using Xnveiw but it say's it can't read that ecw format yet this is the program sugested and now for the life of me i can;t get it back on the gps .I also tried to crop the map down to what i want on the laptop and save the image but it say's low memory on disk im in a world of pain and ready to give up,its realy bugging me.Is there any maps of the same sort of area that i can downlod in the right format I must be close i can almost smell success .Any help would be great

Hi and welcome bamboozled.

These couple of posts may assist in your search.

http://www.gpsaustralia.net/forums/s...5&page=2&pp=15
    John k - Garmin Oregon 300, GPSmap76 & GPS16 plus various WinCe PNDs with OziCe & IGO8

Good stuff. Thanks.

Thought of updating it?
    Cheers, Ern

Hi Ern,

It is somewhat out of date, but I guess the basic principles still apply.

Cheers

John k
    John k - Garmin Oregon 300, GPSmap76 & GPS16 plus various WinCe PNDs with OziCe & IGO8

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123