Thread: Latest ALDI GoCruise 4.3" GPS4300 - Dec 2009

Latest ALDI GoCruise 4.3" GPS4300

Latest ALDI GoCruise 4.3" GPS
    Processor ARM 11 480MHz
    RAM 64MB(58-59MB real)
    Internal Storage 2GB
    Micro SD 4GB (tested), the slot is very badly aligned.
    OS Windows CE 5.0
    Check this out:
    Nav. software IGO8.3, with
    the latest map Australia 16.1.fbl and with speed limits
    'you are over the speed limit'
    Interface like Tevion
    Access to registry via Mobile Registry Editor,
    just change Launch50 Launch.exe to explorer.exe
    and you are in.
    This unit has got another three hidden partition:
    Disk0 = 5.6MB -hidden some kind of, we want to know all about you, your habits and what you installed on it.
    Disk1 = 95.7MB - hidden this is your interface with all the software to run video, mp3, photo viewer and eBook
    Disk2 = 2.0GB - user access as ResidentFlash, NNG navandgo or igo8 resides there.
    Disk3 = whatever you put in - SDMMC
    Disk9 = 71.6MB - hidden this is, its ROM
    Faster then Tevion, don't need to copy any dll files if you want to play mp4 videos, needs them for some applications, like Wolf NCU.
    There is no Storage Manager in Control Panel, so you cannot format enything even if you wonted to.
    Bargain A$159.00
    Cheers
    john
    Last edited by johnhajter; 9th December 2009 at 09:46 PM.

3D and DEM?

Sounds like a bit of a gem with a v fast cpu.

http://www.aldi.com.au/au/html/offers/58_10953.htm
    John k - Garmin Oregon 300, GPSmap76 & GPS16 plus various WinCe PNDs with OziCe & IGO8

Quote Originally Posted by Wahroonga Farm
    3D and DEM?

Sounds like a bit of a gem with a v fast cpu.

http://www.aldi.com.au/au/html/offers/58_10953.htm
    Yes there is Australia.dem - 38.4 MB, New Zealand, Africa, Eurasia, Oceania, North America, South America.
    No building files, but latest Speedcam files.

I am guessing with only 64mb of ram there is no text-to-speech? Ram must cost a fortune because so many manufactures will not spend the difference to get to 128mb ram.
    Using billions of $$$ worth of satellites to find Tupperware in the bush!
    Profile for bshwckr

A workmate of mine just got one, it does have tts also has very,very nice lane guidance,insted of just arrows the realistic looking overhead signs pop up, even on a simulated trip in cranbourne area it pops up, not quite the realistic view i get with garmin, but then garmin only has a couple of the real view intersections anyway.Routing is typical IGO about average, certainly no garmin,but i do like the graphics.For $150.00 certainly seems reasonable value.IMHO

Go Cruise GPS4300 from Aldi

For anyone who has purchased one of these ( like me) and finding the user manuals and after sales support a little lacking from Aldi's distributor, there is a discussion going on in the Whirlpool forums here - might help you out with what is essentially quite a good unit.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum....cfm?t=1329468
    Last edited by ozwapet; 13th December 2009 at 02:59 AM.

Tks Ozwapet. I've merged your post with an existing thread.

http://www.tempoaustralia.com.au/ are the distributors

Support files http://www.tempoaustralia.com.au/gps4300

The whirlpool thread has some excellent tips and tricks.
    John k - Garmin Oregon 300, GPSmap76 & GPS16 plus various WinCe PNDs with OziCe & IGO8

Hi again,
    I was wondering if anyone could dump registry backup
    from latest 4.3" Go Cruise, the reason is, it has more then 2GB
    SD card support, so it might be handy to compare this registry with 4.3" Tevion one to see if there are any differences.
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    john

9. Hey, johnhajter - Are you still interested in a dump of the 'latest version' of the REG?

I can provide, but I can tell you: Larger SD cards aren't necessarily software related, quite often its the hardware too, and I'm tipping there's gonna be a difference between the "Go Cruise" and the "Tevion" GPS Navigators.

10. Quote Originally Posted by sparky1240
    Hey, johnhajter - Are you still interested in a dump of the 'latest version' of the REG?

I can provide, but I can tell you: Larger SD cards aren't necessarily software related, quite often its the hardware too, and I'm tipping there's gonna be a difference between the "Go Cruise" and the "Tevion" GPS Navigators.
    Hi sparky1240,
    You might be right here about the hardware.
    If you could do the registry backup it would be great,
    you'd never know what might be needed.
    john