Thread: nRoute - Moving maps for your laptop

nRoute - Moving maps for your laptop

Garmin no longer supports, nor provides information or a download link for nRoute; however it is still available from third party sites.

As it was always offered by Garmin as a free product, I guess this is legit.

nRoute works on maps already installed in Mapsource.

Nroute info and nRoute download 105Mb. Note: nRoute 276 was the last version released by Garmin.

nRoute Manual download (1.3Mb). I think the manual auto installs in C:\Garmin\Nroute\nRouteManual.pdf

Some newer maps (e.g Garmin Topo Aus), do not work with nRoute, however there are work arounds. Garmin Topo on nRoute solution tks to R_G_B here
    John k - Garmin Oregon 300, GPSmap76 & GPS16 plus various WinCe PNDs with OziCe & IGO8

Do you think its worth mentioning that, unless you use a 'proxy' program, it will only work with Garmin GPSs (e.g. Garmin 10x, 20x, handhelds etc)?

Tks ferg that's good thought.

Good little how to and explanation for non Garmin GPS here by R_G_B .
    John k - Garmin Oregon 300, GPSmap76 & GPS16 plus various WinCe PNDs with OziCe & IGO8

Cleaned-up tutorials

John, in case it helps I have posted cleaned-up versions of those 2 'tutorials'.

Here .

Regards, R_G_B

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wahroonga Farm
    Garmin no longer supports, nor provides information or a download link for nRoute; however it is still available from third party sites.

As it was always offered by Garmin as a free product, I guess this is legit.

nRoute works on maps already installed in Mapsource.

Nroute info and nRoute download 105Mb.

nRoute 276 was the last version released by Garmin.

nRoute Manual download (1.3Mb). I think the manual auto installs in C:\Garmin\Nroute\nRouteManual.pdf

Some newer maps (e.g Garmin Topo Aus), do not work with nRoute, however there are work arounds. Garmin Topo on nRoute solution tks to R_G_B here
    When you click on "Download" you are presented with many files, which is the best? Thanks

nRoute 276 was the last version released by Garmin

Smile

Thanks for the speedie reply, thats another hour before I get to bed.