April Fools Day Joke

Well I just read through all the forums for references to arrival of the TwoNav Aventura.

I've found that since 2 October 2009 when Nicko last advised that new stock of TwoNav Aventuras had arrived that he has said on least 5 occasions that he is expecting new stock shortly, sometimes expecting them next week.

I think that I've worked it out and it occurs to me that there never have actually been any TwoNav Aventuras arriving in Australia at all and that this has been a big conspiracy by some forum members all in cahoots and that on 1 April Nicko is going to post:

"April Fool! April Fool! The TwoNav Aventura does not exist and is just a fictitious GPS that has everything we really want in a GPS and is too good to be really true! The TwoNav website in Spain was created as well all as part of an elaborate hoax."

This will of course be on par with the BBC's 1957 production of the news item on Italians growing spaghetti on trees! (What you mean sphagetti doesn't grow on trees!) Maybe we could have GPSs growing on trees!

Because if others have been able to buy TwoNav Aventuras previously why would there be any reason for them not to be able to be sold still?

Or are Aventuras actually manufactured by Toyota and they have found that they have problems with the brakes and there is a huge liability issue? Or are they made by Holden? No that's right Holden make the Adventura - not the Aventura!

Anyway only 21 sleeps to go to the 1st of April to see if I'm right.

Barry

Hey Barry,

You're wrong mate I think I started looking for one in September.

They do exist, because I've seen one. It was very nice too. If you wait just a little bit longer, I'm sure they will arrive on the next boat/train/truck/plane once they sort out the freight/maps/duty/permits/retailers/marketing.

And anyway, Nicko didn't say which next week it was arriving on

Michael

No conspiracy theory is complete without an inconclusive, grainy, out of focus photo that raises more questions than it answers...

Questions like "is that really a Twonav, or has festy just painted his iPAQ", and "is it seriously telling him to drive down the wrong side of a dual carriageway?"

Answers:
    1) not telling, and
    2) yes
    Attached Images Attached Images
    to a person with imagination, a map is a window to adventure
    - Sir Francis Chichester

I have it on good authority that the Vatican told the Spanish Inquisition to run the marketing campaign selling TwoNavs to Australia.
    The only units known to exist in this country are held by those secret members of the Knights Templar searching for the Holy Grail - Dooghan, Festy & The Explorer.
    Their leader Arthur King used to be a regular poster on this forum until Indiana Jones took him on a Last Crusade to look for a Lost Ark.
    regards Michael

yacht racing at RMYS
    Lake Mountain Ski Patrol
    bush walking anywhere in Vic

Sadly, I am in fact Adventura-less.
    Much like the elusive loch ness monster, it was in my company for barely a fleeting moment (ok, a week or two maybe) before it vanished into thin air, last seen burrowing into a postbox on it's way south, leaving me with mixed feelings of awe and confusion
    - Sir Francis Chichester

You call that an Adventurea?, this is an Adventurea:

Oh, so that's what the Adventura Active 10 looks like, I didn't get to play with one before it was superseded by the Adventura 12
    - Sir Francis Chichester

Blog Entries
    Be funny when you get the GPS on the 1st of April wouldn't it?!
    The sun rises and sets, the moon wax and wanes, oceans ebb and rise, warmth of spring and the coolness of autumn and my heart beats as if I belong to them all.
    www.gpsaustralia.net

Conspiracy...

GPSs dont really work, cos the earth is flat.....

I think I need a nap...
    Who knows the Evil that lurks in the Heart of Man

Brock

Thanks for the laughs fellas. Put a smile on my dial at work and that's always a good thing.

Cheers.

Barry