Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TwoNav BETA releases - Discussion

[QUOTE=Dooghan]snip
    phillipsart did you end up putting a request to get the caches sorted to show nearest caches to my location? If that was added that would be really good.[/QUOTE

Quote Originally Posted by phillipsart
    snip
    Yes, I have requested this feature to be added, Hopefully they will, in a future release.
    Hi
    "Sort by proximity" was was present in the initial "geocaching" beta version they chose to release (V2.1.9c)...i.e. before anyone here had a chance to request it because it wasnt there (it was, it's just nobody noticed/mentioned it).

Some menus can be hard to find. My philosophy - just tap/press/hold every button/name and see what happens.

Cheers
    Greg
    To find yourself, think for yourself Socrates 469 BC

2. Quote Originally Posted by Dooghan
    Natvander did. Natvander just didn't say how to find it so I went looking. It works. I sorted by nearest to my location and it sorted them by nearest like on my Garmin.
    Sorry 'bout that - was in a hurry when I posted and the 'how to' bit slipped my mind.

Exclamation Waypoint Marking Problem

Hi
    Not sure if its just me but have just found a serious issue with the most recent beta releases 2.1.9 c and g. When marking waypoints they are plotted 30, 40, 50 metres behind you along the track you have just walked (or driven). I just found this in V2.1.9g so backdated to V2.1.9c - same issue. Went back to the current release version (2.1.8) and all OK.

Can others confirm this ? (not that I need confirmation)

Cheers
    Greg

4. Quote Originally Posted by The Explorer
    Hi
    Not sure if its just me but have just found a serious issue with the most recent beta releases 2.1.9 c and g. When marking waypoints they are plotted 30, 40, 50 metres behind you along the track you have just walked (or driven). I just found this in V2.1.9g so backdated to V2.1.9c - same issue. Went back to the current release version (2.1.8) and all OK.

Can others confirm this ? (not that I need confirmation)

Cheers
    Greg
    Thanks for that info greg,i think i will wait till a latter version comes out,i dont like beta versions.

Quote Originally Posted by harv1
    Thanks for that info greg,i think i will wait till a latter version comes out,i dont like beta versions.
    I like them....when they work

6. Hi Greg,

I plotted a waypoint yesterday (sportiva running 2.1.9d) and didn't see anything wrong with the waypoint being off the current location while marking it.

Ok - must be Aventura beta version thing..maybe. Just tried Version 2.1.9d (previously just tried g then c) - same problem. Example below. Waypoints dont plot where Im standing!! ..back to V 2.1.8 again
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. I'm not seeing the same problem Greg. I'm running the beta g version. I took 10 waypionts over 30mins and all less then 2m from my current standing location.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooghan
    I'm not seeing the same problem Greg. I'm running the beta g version. I took 10 waypionts over 30mins and all less then 2m from my current standing location.
    mmm well thats got me confused then. What OS are you using ? I updated to 1.3.60 R via link freeday provided. But as I said all is Ok when using Two Nav V 2.1.8. I have reported it to CGL boys so once they sober up after the world cup win will see what happens.

Cheers
    Greg

They're onto it - response from CGL Support

"We found this problem, will be solved with the new beta that is expected for this week.

Many thanks for share the information.

Best Regards."

Still strange that Dooghan is not seeing it as the problem obviously exists. Must be just in a certain mode or something......

Cheers
    Greg

Blog Entries
    Might be certian users
    The sun rises and sets, the moon wax and wanes, oceans ebb and rise, warmth of spring and the coolness of autumn and my heart beats as if I belong to them all.
    www.gpsaustralia.net

Quote Originally Posted by Nicko
    Might be certian users
    Could be - so far me and the guys at CG....

Though I could blame it on the guy who sold me the unit - I think its still in warranty ...isnt it? Any chance of one that works properly

13. I got word back from the ticket I submitted for support from CompeGPS in relation to connecting Sportiva to a Mac.

Dear Phillip:

I test it this afernoon with latest version: 2.1.9.G available at download >> Beta Section and no problem with the IMAC with OS 10.6.4 but the same devices with version 10.5.8 on a MacBook is not working, i ask it to Holux to obtain a reply because this is very strange.

I had 10.6.4 on my Mac, when my Sportiva was corrupted. I've since had to downgrade back to 10.6.0 because Safari was constantly crashing and I could not get a reliable internet connection. I'm still not game to try.

14. I don't think there taking this seriously. I would have expected this to have been reported to Holux a week ago. I submitted as a critical support.

Maybe if some of you other Mac owners can also submit a ticket. they might start taking it more serious.

15. I don't think it would be actioned as critical as the amount of mac users is quite small compared to windows (I love macs but this is the unfortunate truth). Other thing is they may not of had a mac to try it out on.

Either way, they are working on the problem and are looking at a fix for us mac users. Which is better than most manufacturers currently do.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast