1. Map file path configuration and map indexing

1) I am trying to enter a different Map file path in the configuration instead of the default one (Oziexplorer 2\Maps), but it is not saved and it keeps only the default one. What should I do

2) I have maps stored in few directories, all of them under the same root directory. When I use the find map command, it shows only the maps in the same directory as the current map and none of the maps in the parallel directories. How can I keep the current multi directories maps structure and still use the find map to show the maps in all the directories

Hi

Cant understand why your map file path settings are not being saved. This is also probably the cause of your other issue, as if the map file path isnt listed then the maps in that path wont be included in any search you do.

What version of OziCe are you using and on what device? Are your maps on SD card or on internal memory. Is the program loaded to the SD card as well or internal memory. If you are running the program from the SD card make sure the SD card is not "locked" (little tab on side) - if configuration is being saved to SD card and it is locked it may not be saving for this reason (?)

Cheers
    Greg
    To find yourself, think for yourself Socrates 469 BC

In the Ozi config settings, there should be a page for setting map directories. in the System page, is the setting for the default map page. If this isnt where you want your maps located, the change this to where they are..

I take it this is Ozi on your PC and not ozice. Ozice can save several directories in the config settings.
    Who knows the Evil that lurks in the Heart of Man

Brock

4. Thanks

I agree that the cause of the indexing comes from the fact that the map path is not saved.
    I am using OziCE 2.19, but I saw it also in previous versions. It runs on the HP iPAQ210, with the map files on the SD card and the program is in the internal memory.

In the Configuration -> Map and Data file path, I changed the Data file path and it is okay, but when I enter data to any of the 6 map file path, they are not saved

I will need to reload my Ipaq, and take a look. (battery went flat, and lost everything again)

Brock

Quote Originally Posted by Avtrician
    In the Ozi config settings, there should be a page for setting map directories. in the System page, is the setting for the default map page. If this isnt where you want your maps located, the change this to where they are..

I take it this is Ozi on your PC and not ozice. Ozice can save several directories in the config settings.
    There is no "System page" in Configuration for OziCe - that is the PC version (We are in the OziCe forum ....still dont know what issue is ..works for me??

Cheers
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by bike1950
    I am using OziCE 2.19, but I saw it also in previous versions. It runs on the HP iPAQ210,
    Update to OziExplorerCE Version 2.33a and get back to us.

http://www.oziexplorer3.com/ozice/oziexplorerce1.html

There is generally no point in trying to solve issues with older versions without trying the latest to see if that solves issue first. Which isnt to say the latest doesnt have bugs or will solve your problem...but is logical first port of call.

Cheers
    Greg

Woops did it again, tend not to notice the root forum.

Must pay more attention..

Back to loading Ozice.

Brock

Woops did it again, tend not to notice the root forum.

Must pay more attention..

Back to loading Ozice.
    We all do it...especially with Ozi/OziCe

I have latest Version on my units (Mobile Mapper and HN5) and it works fine - got me stumped what issue could be.

Cheers
    Greg

Right, PDA is functioning again.

Just a thought for Bike 1950, did you have your gps connected to your PDA, mine wouldnt find maps until connected, then found the best map for the location.

Now have to find my converted street maps and install them.

You have to wonder why we bother with this stuff some times

Brock

11. I tried the new version and the problem still exists. It looks like there is a problem in how the configuration file is written to the memory or read from the memory. I am using the HP iPAQ 210 with Mobile 6 Classic

Quote Originally Posted by bike1950
    I tried the new version and the problem still exists. It looks like there is a problem in how the configuration file is written to the memory or read from the memory. I am using the HP iPAQ 210 with Mobile 6 Classic
    Nice looking unit...

So when you select path in config it shows your desired path in box..? At this point are you sure that you select OK (to quit and save config) and not the X (to quit and not save)? - sorry for simple questions ...but you never know.

Cheers
    Greg

Yet another thought (now my head is hurting )

Have you set the map image file directory. not sure if thats linked to the problem, but cant hurt....

Brock

Yet another thought (now my head is hurting )

Have you set the map image file directory. not sure if thats linked to the problem, but cant hurt....
    Good point - though issue seems to be the inability to save a path in the first instance - just goes to default...apparently. Setting the map image path is only required if you have the *.map files in a different folder to the actual images. Havent received any clues as to this being cause but you never know.

Cheers
    Greg