Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Yes I have checked the status of Suna traffic and it always says its working. I tried driving in other areas of Sydney to see if it was a just reception in one area that was a problem. I can receive Mix FM, the station that used to show up as the carrier fine. I have since spoken to Navman support who wants me to do a full reload of the software, which I will do when I get a chance.

As to other peoples comments about the use of the Traffic services. I do not think you can rely on the traffic service alone. I use traffic screen to and from work as a warning of potential problems. Its great if you want to listern to a cd/ipod and still get traffic updates. It also allows earlier alerts of potential problems before the radio traffic which might not be on for anouther 10-15 minutes.
    Sometimes reported problems are not worth worrying about or are not problems once you get there. Other times I have saved a lot of time by adjusting my route to get around them. Often If I see a problem come up on the GPS that I think might be a big problem I can surf the radio channels to confirm with radio traffic reports.

2. I fixed my problem.

If you are having the same issue, here is what I did.

Updated Navdesk to latest version, Connected USB cable, brought up the drive letter that related to the Navman. Deleted all the files. Recovered keys, Installed latest ST patch which put all the files back on. Downloaded and updated the latest map, then activated the Maps.

The Trafic service in Sydney now works again.

I think the key was to delete the files off the Navman. A few weeks ago I tried just updating the ST patch, but it had kept all my settings once I turned the GPS back on. Having said that navman had put updated versions of the ST patch and Navdesk
    since I tried last time a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by supermoosie
    I fixed my problem.

If you are having the same issue, here is what I did.

Updated Navdesk to latest version, Connected USB cable, brought up the drive letter that related to the Navman. Deleted all the files. Recovered keys, Installed latest ST patch which put all the files back on. Downloaded and updated the latest map, then activated the Maps.

The Trafic service in Sydney now works again.

I think the key was to delete the files off the Navman. A few weeks ago I tried just updating the ST patch, but it had kept all my settings once I turned the GPS back on. Having said that navman had put updated versions of the ST patch and Navdesk
    since I tried last time a few weeks ago.
    glad you got it working, seems strange though, I would have thought if it was working ok in other areas (ACT etc) then there was nothing wrong with your unit itself, sounded more like a local Sydney issue, but, since you have had the issue since October last year, doubt it took this long to fix it without at least a few complaints from others. Main thing is its working now...

I know this is a really old thread, but just thought I'd mention that Suna hasn't been working here in Adelaide for about the last 5 years (for me at least anyway) All of a sudden 3 days ago it started working again out of the blue (I still have the Garmin 1390T mentioned at the beginning of this thread). A few years ago we took a road trip to Sydney and I took the GPS with us in the other car. As soon as we approached the Sydney metro area the traffic info started working which confirmed to me that my hardware was actually ok. When we left Sydney it stopped working and did not work when we got back to Adelaide and never worked again until a few days ago, so I guess someone may have switched something back on or fixed an issue somewhere.

Blog Entries
    I have sent an email to SUNA to see what they say.
    The sun rises and sets, the moon wax and wanes, oceans ebb and rise, warmth of spring and the coolness of autumn and my heart beats as if I belong to them all.
    www.gpsaustralia.net

Thanks Nicko, I sent them one on Thursday as well but have yet to hear from them.

I heard back from Suna and this is what they said and confirms they did in fact make a change. Not sure why mine wasn't working in the interim period though as sounds like they do regular testing...

"Thank you for your enquiry about SUNA traffic. We can confirm that we did make a change to our broadcast on 04/11/2016 by enabling broadcast on an additional radio frequency as part of our continual improvement plan. The additional broadcast was brought in as part of a Radio frequency transition plan, not to fix any known issues. From the wording of your email I suspect that this timing would line up with your device beginning to receive traffic?

We regularly conduct ground reception testing around Australia including Adelaide. The last time this was conducted was extensive testing in August to confirm broadcast health and a number of SUNA compatible devices were shown to be receiving our traffic service".
    Last edited by tb123; 15th November 2016 at 12:08 PM.

Blog Entries
    So did I. But it doesn't explain why you had a problem. Maybe the GPS manufacturer may have an answer
    The sun rises and sets, the moon wax and wanes, oceans ebb and rise, warmth of spring and the coolness of autumn and my heart beats as if I belong to them all.
    www.gpsaustralia.net

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12