Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Topo 250K Maps wont load

Topo 250K Maps wont load

I am trying to load Aust 250K topo off PC to Twonav Sortiva but it keeps coming up not enough space. I have 3.36gig space on sd card and the file size is 2.2 can any one HELP!!!!

Blog Entries
    sounds like you are not selecting the datacard but the Sportiva itself.
    The sun rises and sets, the moon wax and wanes, oceans ebb and rise, warmth of spring and the coolness of autumn and my heart beats as if I belong to them all.
    www.gpsaustralia.net

Hi Nicko;
    Thought you must have been going away because I couldn't contact you by phone friday afternoon. Did you get my email about not getting one of the spare batteries for the sportiva in my order.

No we are selecting the sd card. Besides the sportiva only has 2g internal memory doesn't it and the one we are selecting still has over 3g left in it.
    Kim.

Blog Entries
    I responded to your email. Spare will be sent out Monday
    The sun rises and sets, the moon wax and wanes, oceans ebb and rise, warmth of spring and the coolness of autumn and my heart beats as if I belong to them all.
    www.gpsaustralia.net

Thanks Nicko.

Could anyone tell me if I change the size of the sd card do I have to make any changes to the folders, files, settings in the sportiva or will it automatically adjust itself. I appologise if this is a stupid question but I have no idea what I am doing. I still can't load the topo maps to the sportiva (they are on the computer o.k.) so I must have done something wrong when I was trying to send them to the sd card. Not a big problem as they don't have the detail I am looking for. I will try loading them to another sd card but if that doesn't work I'll wait for the 100k and see how they go.

Blog Entries
    The issue sounds like to me finger trouble. Logically if your saying drive F is 3.3GB left and the file in drive D is 2GB and the Sportiva is Drive J then the Sportiva and SD card is not the culprit. The 100K is a much larger file.
    www.gpsaustralia.net

Hi everyone,
    I am still after information on changing the sd card in the sportiva. What do I have to do for the sportiva to recognise the new sd card. Can anyone help with easy to follow instructions. Please, please, please. I know its probably easy as for you guys but I am totally computer challenged. Oh and does anyone have any idea what size sd card the 100k maps would take.
    Thanks guys.

Blog Entries
    All you have to do is copy and paste everything onto the new SD card. get a microSD to USB adapter and copy paste the 4GB onto the PC then copy paste said data directly to the bigger card. Adding additional data such as maps are copy/pasted into the maps folder and waypoints/routes/tracks are copied in the data folder on the microSD card.

Well the collective size of all maps will determine the size you need, safe bet is 16GB but I think you will find a 8GB will suffice.

If you can't find a microSD to USB adapter then we can sell you one for $15 inc freight.
    www.gpsaustralia.net

Smile

Thanks for the info Nicko, I've been away and only just now can get around to putting it into practice. When you say to copy/paste to pc, is that into the compegps program or just into documents. I appreciate your help and your patience.

1. Make a new folder on PC, call it 'backup of 4gb SD card'
    2. Plug GPS into PC, two drives will open, one has a folder called 'TwoNavData'
    3. Select 'TwoNavData' then copy & paste to the 'backup of 4gb SD card'
    4. Disconnect the GPS, & put a 16gb card into the GPS
    5. Reconnect the GPS, when the drives open copy & paste 'TwoNavData' from the PC to the empty drive.
    regards Michael

yacht racing at RMYS
    Lake Mountain Ski Patrol
    bush walking anywhere in Vic

Thanks Michael I will give it a go as soon as I buy the card and adapter.

Hi guys, I'm back again with another problem. Did what michael suggested but the 16gig card doesn't appear in the data tree in compegps land. The maps that came preinstalled as well as the tracks and waypoints I have done are all on the internal memory. Computer says removable disc has one folder called TwoNavData which contains: Maps folder with one map in it, POI folder, Radars folder and Reginfo folder. How do I get the sd card to register in the data tree and then get the maps out of the internal memory and into it as there is not much internal memory left.

P.S. Sorry Michael for messing up your instructions somehow.

Why do it thru CompeGPSland?
    Just open the new SD card, open TwoNavData, open Maps.
    Then also open the folder on the PC where the maps are stored & copy the map you want, assume it is called 'Australia_Topo_250K.RMAP' then paste it into the Maps folder on the SD card.
    regards Michael

yacht racing at RMYS
    Lake Mountain Ski Patrol

Hi Michael did that and it looks like it went into the card but the map doesn't appear in the map lists on the sportiva. It just looks like it is only reading what ever is in the internal memory. Also the card still is not registering in the data tree. In the folders section in the sportiva there are 3 folders listed.
    1. Maps folder 1
    \storage card\TwoNavDat
    Folder open - Maps section highlighted
    2.Maps folder 2
    \storage card\TwoNav\r
    folder open - TwoNav highlighted has sub folders of internal data,projections,symbols,temp
    3.Data folder
    storage card\TwoNavD
    folder open data file highlighted
    Is this the way it should be?

Sorry, I am out of advice.
    I have an Aventura, & all worked OK when I replaced the 4Gb card that came with it with a 16Gb card.
    I tend to take maps on & off the card to a folder on the PC, depending on what I am doing next, & it all works fine.
    Perhaps someone with a Sportiva can help?
    regards Michael

yacht racing at RMYS
    Lake Mountain Ski Patrol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast