Thread: oziCE version 2.34

Blog Entries

oziCE version 2.34

http://www.oziexplorer3.com/ozice/oziexplorerce1.html

Changes

* Faster Map Indexing on WinCE Core devices (up to 15 times faster).
    * The check to see if the Map Index is up to date is now only checked once per session.
    * Kinetic map scrolling has been added - the map will continue to scroll if "flinged" with the stylus.
    o there is a new option on the "Map" tab in "General Settings" configuration.
    o kinetic scrolling requires a powerful cpu on high resolution devices.
    o for 800x480 screen devices Kinetic scrolling has been turned off by default as performance is not acceptable on some devices.
    * Added support for an Alternate serial port driver
    o there is a new option on the GPS configuration dialog called "Alt Driver".
    o some devices such as the Samsung i900 now need to use the "Alt Driver" (if not using Managed GPS).
    o most devices can use either driver.
    o the "Managed GPS" always uses its own driver and ignores the "Alt Driver".

To comment please click here and view reply #16
    The sun rises and sets, the moon wax and wanes, oceans ebb and rise, warmth of spring and the coolness of autumn and my heart beats as if I belong to them all.
    www.gpsaustralia.net

7-10-10
    Release Version 2.34/2.34a (October 2010)

Changes

2.34a - The cross at the center of the screen was not being drawn when dragging the map making it difficult to position the map at a specific location - now fixed.
    2.34a - The map cursor position lat/lon (center of screen) was not being updated after kinetic scrolling - now fixed.
    Faster Map Indexing on WinCE Core devices (up to 15 times faster).
    The check to see if the Map Index is up to date is now only checked once per session.
    Kinetic map scrolling has been added - the map will continue to scroll if "flinged" with the stylus.
    there is a new option on the "Map" tab in "General Settings" configuration.
    kinetic scrolling requires a powerful cpu on high resolution devices.
    for 800x480 screen devices Kinetic scrolling has been turned off by default as performance is not acceptable on some devices.
    Added support for an Alternate serial port driver
    there is a new option on the GPS configuration dialog called "Alt Driver".
    some devices such as the Samsung i900 now need to use the "Alt Driver" (if not using Managed GPS).
    most devices can use either driver.
    the "Managed GPS" always uses its own driver and ignores the "Alt Driver".
    regards Michael

yacht racing at RMYS
    Lake Mountain Ski Patrol
    bush walking anywhere in Vic

3. Latest Version of OziexplorerCE

Can someone point me in the right direction for the latest version of OzIexplorerCE for my Mio Moov,i can only seem to find the same version which i downloaded yrs ago,i have ver 1.0.0.1

Hi
    The latest version is 2.34a.
    If you go to:
    http://www.oziexplorer.com/
    and select OziExplorerCE under products on the left hand side of the screen.
    Cheers
    Neil

5. Quote Originally Posted by res.q.guy
    Hi
    If you go to:
    Cheers
    Neil
    Thanks Neil checking it out now

6. Quote Originally Posted by res.q.guy
    Hi
    If you go to:
    Cheers
    Neil
    Ihave downloaded the file in the pic below for my Mio Moov 300 but it still says Ver 1.0.0.1,am i in the right place for the new version thanks Neil
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg d.jpg (54.7 KB, 4 views)

Hi
    Yes, that's the version I use with my generic chineese gps units, I haven't worked with a Mio so not sure if it has an ARM CPU or not.
    Cheers
    Neil

8. Quote Originally Posted by res.q.guy
    Hi
    Yes, that's the version I use with my generic chineese gps units, I haven't worked with a Mio so not sure if it has an ARM CPU or not.
    Cheers
    Neil
    Thanks Neil

Quote Originally Posted by harv1
    Ihave downloaded the file in the pic below for my Mio Moov 300 but it still says Ver 1.0.0.1,am i in the right place for the new version thanks Neil
    You will have to delete OziExplorerCE then re-install it.
    "Every trip an adventure"

10. Quote Originally Posted by 4X4
    You will have to delete OziExplorerCE then re-install it.
    Thanks 4x4

Hi

Newer versions often have a different *.exe file name (and possibly new folder as well) than some older versions. It's not actually necessary to delete the older version...you just need to ensure the shortcut you use to start the program is directed at the correct *.exe file. Sounds like you have installed the new version OK but the shortcut is still directed to the the old *.exe file..and just deleting the older version wont help...you will still need to edit the shortcut...or start the program by directly clicking on the *.exe file. (or edit the name of the new *.exe to match the old - which saves editing the shortcut).

Cheers
    Greg
    To find yourself, think for yourself Socrates 469 BC

12. Quote Originally Posted by The Explorer
    Hi

Newer versions often have a different *.exe file name (and possibly new folder as well) than some older versions. It not actaully necessary to delete the older version...you just need to ensure the shortcut you use to start the program is directed at the correct *.exe file. Sounds like you have installed the new version OK but the shortcut is still directed to the the old *.exe file..and just deleting the older version wont help...you will still need to edit the shortcut...or start the program by directly clicking on the *.exe file.

Cheers
    Greg
    Thanks Greg,that makes it simple just drop the new .exe in the old folder and new shortcut to desktop,Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by harv1
    Thanks Greg,that makes it simple just drop the new .exe in the old folder and new shortcut to desktop,Thanks
    Yes - that generally works ..though beware of other additions to the new versions (e.g. help files, *.dlls) especially when jumping significant version numbers. Other files may also need adding/overwriting with newer ones. I also forgot to mention the obvious - you can just delete the old *.exe file then rename the new one to match..thereby eliminating any need to edit the shortcut (which can be difficult to find/edit sometimes).

Cheers
    Greg
    To find yourself, think for yourself Socrates 469 BC

14. Thanks for your advice Greg.
    To make shortcuts easy you can make one yourself just using notepad
    How to.
    1. Right click on desktop and create new notepad file
    2. Then open the file and type in to the path of the exe file
    example.
    43#"\Storage Card\OziExplorer\OziExplorer.exe"
    the 43 bein the number of chractors in the path to the exe
    3. Then save that notepad file as OziExplorer.lnk just replace the txt extension to lnk.
    4. Just copy it to were your other shortcuts are
    This works WinCE V5 unlocked Mio Moov 300 i assume it will work on all windows o/s i have uploaded a sample to try for OziExplorerCE
    Attached Files Attached Files