1. question rgds nuvi 1350

Hi fellas, I have a question in regards my daughters Garmin Nuvi 1350, she was using it over the school holidays days in Pedestrian mode, walking through parks etc, and wanted to know if there was a way to save the walk and distance etc, it appears to show the track, but no way to get the distance, time etc ?
    Thank you

Upload the track to Mapsource, then you can do all the looking you like! Shows distances, times, legs of the journey, etc. You can even get a pretty picture showing the height profile (how many hills she walked up and down). I have used my 1390 the same way in pedestrian mode to track some of my exercise walks. Tip: on my 1390, if I quickly tap the power button, I get a prompt which lets me lock the screen so I can stick it in my pocket without accidentally brushing the screen and doing things.

Ken.

3. hi

I appreciate the reply Ken, I have installed Garmin updater and have updated to the latest maps, that is for voice commands driving etc,

unfamilar with Mapsource? she thought she could see the track as she was walking etc so she could add extra distance to it to get a few exercise trail walks.

she can use walk mode and it shows the path she has been taking, but no info in regards to distance or time, that is what she would like to be able to see.

any chance of adding maps on a SD card ?
    again, thanks for the reply

rgds

Mapsource is a program which runs on your PC and should be installed when you update the maps. If you do not have Mapsource on your PC (I thought it was installed when I last updated my map, but I may have already had it), then see this thread on how to get it.

http://www.gpsaustralia.net/forums/s...ead.php?t=2800

Actually, I think now I remember using the third suggested method from the thread above to install Mapsource.

When you have the GPS connected to your PC via USB, you can run Mapsource and upload tracks from the GPS.

I don't know of any way to view track details on the GPS unit itself.

Ken.

5. hi

ok Ken I am getting to the bottom of it, when Kerrie was attempting to update, it all fell over because she was using WIN 7 64b and Firefox 5.0,
    when she finally got it to load maps, it had asked if she wants the mapsource on the device, device and PC, she checked device only,
    I have a Netbook here running XP Pro SP3, so tomorrow I will have another go,
    she had to use IE as no Firefox versions she had would work, I have 3.6 on XP so I will get back to you tomorrow,
    Much appreciated

Cheers

Yes, make sure you install the maps on the PC as well as device, then you can use Mapsource to view the maps installed on the PC. When you upload tracks from the GPS, you can then see where you have been.

Alternatively, you can install Garmin's Basecamp on the PC, and it can use maps directly from the GPS, however when doing so it is slow because the GPS's USB connection is slow.

Ken.

7. hi

ok Ken, I started from scratch using a Asus Netbook with Xp SP3 and IE v6.00 , no hassles, Mapsource doesn't like WIN7 and Firefox combo very much, if FF is any later then 3.6 it was having an attack, with XP and IE 6, no hassles.
    took 1350 for a walk, connected it to PC all good, can see distance and track etc,
    Thank you very much, even though it works and Kerrie can use it, I think she will opt for a cheep handheld unit that shows all the relevant info on the screen, what would be a easy and budget wise way to go

Thanks again

cheers