Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rino 650

Blog Entries
    This is NOT a thread for technical help!!!
    The sun rises and sets, the moon wax and wanes, oceans ebb and rise, warmth of spring and the coolness of autumn and my heart beats as if I belong to them all.
    www.gpsaustralia.net

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Shonky is pretty good in the Vic high country (on my Garmin 60Cx) I also have OzTopo which tends to have more street detail in the small country towns.
    But Shonky is free & OzTopo is $200ish.
    So first I would have a go at loading Shonky & see what you think.

On you PC do you have Garmin MapSource software for viewing Shonky?
    If so it is easy enough to transfer the maps to the GPS.
    Do a search of the forum (Search button, top right of page) we have explained the process several times, & I think Nicko posted a video of the process.
    Thanks Michael. I'll have a search.

Guess I have to go to a "technical help" thread to ask my next question.

3. Rhino 650 - radio doesn't work on UHF repeaters

I have purchased a rhino 650 but had trouble using it on the UHF repeater channels. On testing it against another UHF CB I found that it was broadcasting on the receive channel and receiving on the broadcast channel (for instance for a channel 6 repeater is is transitting on 6 instead of 36 and receiving on 36 instead of 6). This means that the radio cannot communicate via repeaters or use the repeater channels to talk to other CB radios (let alone other Rhinos).

Garmin Australia are aware of the problem and say a patch will be released via their dashboard utility but I am still waiting.

As it stands, anyone wanting to use the radio functionality had better not be wanting to do it via a repeater. It severely limits the usefulness of the units in any more remote or hilly area where you want to use a repeater to extend range.

Here's waiting for Garmin to do a fix!

Gday well I am a newbie to GPS pretty much, and I just got a Rino650 today. I asked the salesman about the repeater problem and he said that Garmin was aware of it and a patch is in the works. They will be sending that out soon enough, I think it is testing and being checked out before they give it to users. I am right now trying to work out all the other things that this device can do. It is a pretty powerful machine

Blog Entries
    1800 235 822 will give you the information straight from the horse's mouth
    The sun rises and sets, the moon wax and wanes, oceans ebb and rise, warmth of spring and the coolness of autumn and my heart beats as if I belong to them all.
    www.gpsaustralia.net

Thanks Nicko, right now it is all going pretty good I am playing around with it and learning it as I go

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12