Thread: How do I replace battery on Navman S300T

Question How do I replace battery on Navman S300T

Hi All.

Does anyone have instructions or know of a video tutorial showing how to replace a battery on a Navman S300T.

This Navman is sometimes referred to by the model, that being N214.

All help appreciated.

Regards

2. I've got a Navman s150 and S100 and I've replaced the battery in both.

To take it apart you need:

*A small Philips screw driver
    * opening tools (i used the kit i got off eBay to fix my iPhone 4 there pretty cheap) http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_f...All-Categories
    * replacement battery.

There are four screws that need to be removed to open up the device.

Two on the base of the device and two on the back hidden under the square rubber things.

Once you have removed the screws then you can start to open up your navman.

Start at the base of the device and gently pry open the case using the iphone opener tool work around your navman until the case is all open taking most care as there are lots of delicate cables attached to the board.

Once this is done the navman will be in two.

You will see the battery connected and glued to the board(this is the fun part removing the battery off the board)

Disconnect the battery from board then use the pry tool to remove off the board.

Once old battery is removed replace with new one, reconnect to board.

If the old glue is stuffed you need to replace either with super glue or a bond compound. let this dry shouldn't take too long.

Once dry time to put case back to together, should click back into place.

Replace the four screws and rubber bits then charge up device .

Done

Thanks kingknog.

I very good description.

Sadly, Navman sent me an reply email which literally said, too bad so sad. fork-out $135 or go take a jump. This is one customer that will NEVER buy Navman!

Regards

4. So you went with Navman to fix your device??

Quote Originally Posted by Janset View Post
    Thanks kingknog.

I very good description.

Sadly, Navman sent me an reply email which literally said, too bad so sad. fork-out $135 or go take a jump. This is one customer that will NEVER buy Navman!

Regards

Hi there.

No I decided not to change the battery as upon reflection I do not think that I would gain anything by doing the change considering that a good battery is reputed as being serviceable for only about 1 hour before going flat .

I decided to purchase a 240 volt charger off eBay instead, and that only cost me $16.40 delivered. This way, when in the car I power the unit off the car battery. Whilst in the house and trying to learn how to use this complicated user unfriendly unit, I would use the 250 volt mains power module to power the unit.

My wife has a Gamin Nuvi 1350 and it is an absolute dream to use when compared to this thing. The lesson that I have learned out of all this is never to touch Navman again.

Regards