COPYRIGHT Notice on Magellan eXplorist (.imi) Maps

Hi,

I know this format map is a bit old now, but I'd like to do the right thing and include the copyright banner (ref: OpenStreetMap), especially if I'm making them available to others.

Does anyone have the expertise that can outline how this is achieved? I've tried the following (to no avail) in the Export.cfg file:
    Test 1 (simply added some text):
    [COPYRIGHT]
    1=TEST:
    2=Modify copyright banner
    Test 2 (tried formatting like other sections):
    [COPYRIGHT]
    NUMBER=3
    0=TEST
    1=1st line
    2=2nd line
    The maps export okay, but do not force the copyright screen on loading on the GPSr.

Thanks,
    Paul.

Hi. The current license for OSM data is Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0.
    http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/

To credit the OSM (for example) data in a map, I'd include a simple text file in the same folder/ZIP as the maps (IE: Distributed together with the maps).

Cheers.
    ... Teach a man (or woman) to fish and he (or she) eats for a lifetime.

Okay, having recalled Festy's maps display the copyright, I made one of them active - no banner. BUT, it was still active when I next powered on the GPSr, and that is when the banner displays!

I'll compose the banner, and once finalised, update this thread with the precise details for the Export.cfg file (MobileMapper Office).

And thank you Mihermano, I'll refer to that link in order to compose the appropriate text.

Cheers,
    Paul.

Okay, here it is...

This is the [COPYRIGHT] section I'm using in MMO export.cfg - on the eXplorist XL GPSr screen, the banner is limited to 9 lines @ 23 chars each (other handsets might well be less, so check if you're relying on this information!):

Since I'm using NotePad, I've spaced out the banner text so that it reads as it will display (no TrueType fonts to ruin the spacing). I've recorded a little about my own settings as well, for future reference & revision control!

If there's anyone still using MMO to generate maps, I hope this information is helpful - let me know.

Cheers,
    Paul.