1. Magellan Explorist 510

I see that Magellan support monitors here so could I ask you a question re the 510?
    The Magellan web site accessories page for the 510 shows 2 power sources available , a 12v car adapter and 240v unit; if I use either of these while I have rechargeable batteries in the 510 will they be recharged ?
    thanks

Blog Entries
    No, they are not designed to re-charge batteries whilst in the GPS.
    The sun rises and sets, the moon wax and wanes, oceans ebb and rise, warmth of spring and the coolness of autumn and my heart beats as if I belong to them all.
    www.gpsaustralia.net

Hi felix,

Yes Nicko is correct, your batteries will not be charged while in the device, they will need to be extracted and charged with a battery charger. However, your batteries will be conserved while using an external power source as the unit will draw power from that instead of the battery.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards,
    Magellan Support

4. Thans for you replies. Still not sure why this can't be incorporated into the design though as it would be much more convenient.

Blog Entries
    That is true, that is why people like TwoNav Aventura, Delta and Sportiva series they all can charge the battery within. However, Garmin's Montana series has an adapter and supplied spe******ed rechargeable battery that will do what you want to do. Such circuitry adds weight and cost and if Garmin don't do it then there is no incentive for Magellan to do it.
    The sun rises and sets, the moon wax and wanes, oceans ebb and rise, warmth of spring and the coolness of autumn and my heart beats as if I belong to them all.
    www.gpsaustralia.net