Thread: TwoNav Sportiva Fatal Application Error

Unhappy TwoNav Sportiva Fatal Application Error

sportiva_error.jpg I get this error 2 or 3 times a weeks since I purchased it in 2010; just never got around to informing Octapac. Any ideas what is going on?

Cheers

DT

Hi
    Before Nicko closes the thread ...

No idea ...what version firmware? Can only suggest you either update to the latest or reinstall and see what happens.

http://www.compegps.com/download/Two...fied_2.5.2.zip

If problem persists contact supplier and see what they say re: warranty/repair. Other options is to contact manufacturer direct - http://support.compegps.com/Tickets/Submit (you may have to register on twonav site to use this link)

Cheers
    Greg
    To find yourself, think for yourself Socrates 469 BC

Could be the same batch as mine.

It gets better if you update to the latest version of the OS/Software, but I haven't been able to eliminate it completely. It's a pity, because it is otherwise a nice unit. Whenever I use mine, I have a Garmin in the pack just in case...

Blog Entries
    I have moved the thread and changed Daytripper to lifetime (bought a TwoNav). I can only suggest that you email support at CompeGPS and provide two things:

1. the error message.
    2. a file called compegps_log in the root directory of the Sportiva

http://support.compegps.com/
    The sun rises and sets, the moon wax and wanes, oceans ebb and rise, warmth of spring and the coolness of autumn and my heart beats as if I belong to them all.
    www.gpsaustralia.net

Firstly, apologies for posting this in the wrong place, I haven't been here in a while (17 posts since Dec 2010) :-). I have the latest updates, yet still no joy. I'll email CompeGPS as suggested and will get back to you if/when I have a result/answer/reply.

Spent quite a bit of time in the Dandenongs (Vic) today and the Sportiva didn't miss a beat even with quite a lot of canopy cover for most of the time. It's a great unit though I think I really have to spend a couple of weeks with it and the CompeGPS Land software... not as intuitive as I would like (and I have a Graphic Design/IT background). Having said that, I'm one of those people who jumps right in, only to go to the manual as a last resort :P I would love to learn how to install Google maps/Nearmap tiles as I have a 32GB internal micro SD Card. A post to a tutorial would be most appreciative. I'll do a search now.

Thanks for your input.

Daytripper

Quote Originally Posted by daytripper1970 View Post
    Firstly, apologies for posting this in the wrong place, I haven't been here in a while (17 posts since Dec 2010) :-). I have the latest updates, yet still no joy. I'll email CompeGPS as suggested and will get back to you if/when I have a result/answer/reply.
    Thanks for your input.

Daytripper
    Wondering if you got a result from Compegps as I got this problem today, but not yet sweating over it.

Blog Entries
    The only way of determining what could the problem is contacting support at CompeGPS as they will ask you for the error file on the GPS that has the details. See how you go. If they say it has to be returned for warranty then I can handle that aspect.
    The sun rises and sets, the moon wax and wanes, oceans ebb and rise, warmth of spring and the coolness of autumn and my heart beats as if I belong to them all.
    www.gpsaustralia.net