Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CompeGPS Land Updates

Blog Entries

CompeGPS Land Updates

4.7 is now available

http://en.compegps.com/updates/
    The sun rises and sets, the moon wax and wanes, oceans ebb and rise, warmth of spring and the coolness of autumn and my heart beats as if I belong to them all.
    www.gpsaustralia.net

Anyone else unable to update their version of CompeGPS Land from within CompeGPS Land?

I rightclick on "CompeGPS Land" under "Storage Files" in the tree and even though I select "Update CompeGPS software" I just get the pop-up "What's new Software update available from www.compegps.com".

I'm sure it was an automated update previously when doing the above or am I just imagining it?

Barry

Blog Entries
    I got an automtic popup window bottom right saying there is an update available which I clicked on and updated. what version of compegps land do you have? May I suggest you download it and overwrite what you have. Do NOT uninstall just let it di it's job
    The sun rises and sets, the moon wax and wanes, oceans ebb and rise, warmth of spring and the coolness of autumn and my heart beats as if I belong to them all.
    www.gpsaustralia.net

Got the pop up to update CompeGPS Land but just got error messages. As you suggested I downloaded the update and installed it over top. Seems to be working fine.

Also updated my Aventura to version 2.6 through CompGPS Land. Don't know if it is just me, my PC or my system but it took ages to install and looked like it had frozen a few times. When I say ages I'm talking 20 - 25 minutes (didn't time it so just a guess) or at least the time to play a dozen or so games of Freecell (which I did while it was updating). And I don't mean the time to download the update.

Barry

I got the prompt to upgrade and downloaded the file for the 7.4 update. CompeLand then advises it will close and to follow the prompts to continue the upgrade. However, as soon as I hit OK, I get 'Access violation at address 5029D5B3 in module 'vcl140.bpl' Read of address 00000258' and the update halts.

Moreover, the TwoNav (2.6?) software appeared to download and install correctly, but when I switch the device on, I get what appears to be a Windows CE v5.00 homescreen - and no longer a GPS!

Carsten
    Last edited by carsten; 12th July 2012 at 08:33 PM.

I always prefer to download the update, then run the setup.exe on my PC to install it.
    This has worked well thru several upgrades to 4.7 which is working perfectly.

For the Aventura I downloaded the 2.6.zip, unzipped it into a new folder, then copied to the Aventura.
    regards Michael

yacht racing at RMYS
    Lake Mountain Ski Patrol
    bush walking anywhere in Vic

Blog Entries
    Carsten

Did you at any stage delete files from the GPS first? Which GPS do you have and how did you download 2.6?? via CompeGPS Land or direct from the site? Can you check the exe file and tell me what it's name is?
    www.gpsaustralia.net

I downloaded through CompeGPS Land and don't recall the name of the file. After downloading, AFAIK it prompted me to install - which I did. This resulted in a few minutes of activity and finished with a message stated 'deleting temporary files' and the Sportiva shut down. I then detached the unit and fired it up to see the difference - which is when I saw the Windows CE display. Don't have the device with me today but will swing by the shop tomorrow morning.

Carsten

Blog Entries
    Not before 10 am
    www.gpsaustralia.net

I've just downloaded and installed update version 7.6 to CompeGPS Land. I connected my Aventura and got a option box pop-up:

New TwoNav device detected:

TwoNav_Aventura: X00-000000*00

Do you want to add it to synchronization list so new recorded tracks will be downloaded evry time it is connected to Land?

[tick box] Offer sync. when new GPS is plugged

[Yes] [No]

BTW it is not a new Aventura. I selected yes and kept getting multiple error messages:

Access violation at address 562c3F1D in module 'DINPUT.DLL'. Read of address 00000004.

Had to close the multiple error messages and shut down CompeGPS Land. I restarted my PC and CompeGPS Land, reconnected the Aventura and to get the option box again. Don't seem to be getting the error messages after the restart though.

Barry

Here is the link to what is new in version 7.6 of CompeGPS Land.

http://en.compegps.com/communication/news/land-air-76

Barry

The update to CompeGPS Land seems to be the purchase of maps for your TwoNav.

Nick is this an opportunity for our Australian maps to be available through this forum? I'm thinking of the Shonky maps either free or at a minimal cost if ShonkyLogic agreed /wanted this. I don't know if this would be a positive or a negative mind you. What do you think?

Barry

Blog Entries
    That Device ID is definitely not correct, should be all different letters and numbers.

The Shonkymaps is based on the Geoscience NatMap Raster MaP 1:250k which I supply as the Australia250K.RMAP, should be on your device. It is not a vector but a raster and I don't have teh vector version although check to see what happenes when you move the pointer over a major river. The Disc is $1 plus postage.
    www.gpsaustralia.net

Blog Entries
    If you have an Aventura, Sportiva, Delta or Ultra, you do not need to download any Australian maps, I supply all. Th elist tehy do have you already have. When I finalise twonav.com.au you will see what is supplied, when and what is added at what dates.
    www.gpsaustralia.net

Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    That Device ID is definitely not correct, should be all different letters and numbers.

The Shonkymaps is based on the Geoscience NatMap Raster MaP 1:250k which I supply as the Australia250K.RMAP, should be on your device. It is not a vector but a raster and I don't have teh vector version although check to see what happenes when you move the pointer over a major river. The Disc is $1 plus postage.
    Hi Nicko

Ahh yes I changed the Device ID - substituted "X's" for letters and "0's" for numbers. But I think you're pulling my leg there.

When I said "is this an opportunity for our Australian maps to be available through this forum" I was actually thinking of Festy's 1:25k maps but said Shonky's. My mistake when I referred to Shonky's instead of Festy's maps.

Barry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast