1. Free Open source based topo maps of Australia and USA

Open sourse based topo maps of Australia for Garmin: http://mapsbank.com/download/australia/

Blog Entries
    Hi and welcome. Can you explain the difference betwen your maps and what is already available? For example, your 250K is the same as Shonkymaps and the 100K is OSM, which is available in larger areas on OSM Australia Also where did you get the contours from? What made you create such an excellent web site. I am also getting "Error establishing a database connection"
    The sun rises and sets, the moon wax and wanes, oceans ebb and rise, warmth of spring and the coolness of autumn and my heart beats as if I belong to them all.
    www.gpsaustralia.net

3. Hi!
    Shonkymaps don't use vegetation data. In my map you can see forests, rainforests, mangrove and agriculture vegetation. Also populated places are classified by population.
    I use OSM data only for points and some objects like parking lots, industrial complexes etc.
    Contours created from SRTM3 data.
    I am also getting "Error establishing a database connection"
    Yes, I hate my provider and I'll change it next year.

Hi there. The site and project looks interesting. Is it possible to download a .IMG instead of a .EXE?
    Cheers.
    ... Teach a man (or woman) to fish and he (or she) eats for a lifetime.

Thanks MapsBank
    Looks Good.
    My P to 12 College in SE Melb is named on your map, & not on Shonky or OzTopo.
    A pity the College changed it's name 12 months ago, & the database you use has not updated, LOL.
    regards Michael

yacht racing at RMYS
    Lake Mountain Ski Patrol
    bush walking anywhere in Vic

Looking at the north shore of Western Port, around Warneet I see you show mangroves (accurate) whereas OzTopo shows palmtrees
    However you label it "Pacific Ocean"
    regards Michael

yacht racing at RMYS
    Lake Mountain Ski Patrol
    bush walking anywhere in Vic

7. Thanks for comments!
    It usefull for next versions of the maps.
    Is it possible to download a .IMG instead of a .EXE?
    Not yet, because I have problems with the disc space on my site.
    A pity the College changed it's name 12 months ago, & the database you use has not updated, LOL.
    Well, you can fix it on OSM project. Then it will be fix in the next versions of my maps.
    However you label it "Pacific Ocean"
    Mangroves don't have own labels on native Geoscience Australia data. I think this is label from the nearest polygon, just ill-placed.

MapsBank

Well done with your new mapset. I am impressed for a v1.0.

Tested here as working perfectly in Garmin MapSource, BaseCamp, MobilePC and nRoute.
    The 716MB MapSource generated .IMG file looks great and performs well on my android phone and tablet running OruxMaps.

Did I say I luv OruxMaps.

PS - On your webpage link - MapSource
    Neville
    40 52' 33"S 175 4' 17"E - 42.521m

9. I cant transfer the full topo map to my Garmin GPSmap 620. It opens in Map Source but wont transfer the files.

Blog Entries
    Which file did you try to transfer and how did you try to transfer? Did you try a copy/paste?
    The sun rises and sets, the moon wax and wanes, oceans ebb and rise, warmth of spring and the coolness of autumn and my heart beats as if I belong to them all.
    www.gpsaustralia.net

11. All sorted.I used Garmin map install from the program tab and it picked the map up.