Two possibly stupid questions

Hopefully posting in the correct forum here. Had a look in FAQ and couldn't see anything so -

Is it possible to display geocaches in google maps? Would be a wonderful addition if not.

Can I take a jpg of a route from Goggle maps and download it as a map in my Garmin etrex20, so I can show my route and the geocaches nearby. I have already downloaded basecamp but the documentation is lousy to say the least!

TIA

Pete

Blog Entries
    Garmin allows for custom maps http://www.garmin.com/us/products/on...aps#fragment-2
    However, a route is not available in jpeg unless you took a screen shot but then you will need to georeference it, which Garmin programs like Mapsource and Basecamp don't do. You will need other programs such as CompeGPS Land or OziExplorer.

A route should be in say .kmz or .gpx file format. You can use gpsies.com to create a route and save it to your PC and the transfer to the GPS.
    The sun rises and sets, the moon wax and wanes, oceans ebb and rise, warmth of spring and the coolness of autumn and my heart beats as if I belong to them all.
    www.gpsaustralia.net

Thanks Nicko,
    I'll check that out once I get home this evening.