Blog Entries

GPS Kits - It's the way of the future!

If anyone remembers DSE, when D I C K Smith use to own it, it was full of components and kits plus tools and consumables to help build those kits.

Of course today D I C K Smith Electronics is not the way it use to be, however, companies such as Jaycar and Altronics have kept the kits alive.

So, what I have decided is to start a new forum on GPS kits and either source videos elsewhere (youube etc) or make them myself. If you know of any please let me know in this thread by replying to this post and I will create a new thread for it.
    The sun rises and sets, the moon wax and wanes, oceans ebb and rise, warmth of spring and the coolness of autumn and my heart beats as if I belong to them all.
    www.gpsaustralia.net

2. No, Unfortunately it’s not!
    Electronics as a hobby isn’t what it used to be either, and a complete GPS at the lowest level is at least a moderate undertaking.
    Now it would be cheaper and easier to buy the module on a circuit board just as is done with auduino shields, etc.
    Have you noticed their user’s say they make something when they actually only wrote something?
    It would also be barely possible for most hobbyists to tune the antenna and/or the amp and it’s matching circuit.
    Cheers, Art.

3. Having said that, I challenge Australia for another post in here

Cheers, Art.

Quote Originally Posted by Art View Post
    Having said that, I challenge Australia for another post in here
    Cheers, Art.
    Well I'm always up for a challenge
    https://youtu.be/Gg3WZsiObc8

Blog Entries
    Could be useful on a quadcopter FPV setup
    The sun rises and sets, the moon wax and wanes, oceans ebb and rise, warmth of spring and the coolness of autumn and my heart beats as if I belong to them all.
    www.gpsaustralia.net

Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    Could be useful on a quadcopter FPV setup
    I'm pretty sure this one is a World first for running a mapping GPS on a micro.
    It should end up with about the functionality of an eTrex Legend, with screen
    Resolution closer to Garmin Geko, and better hardware receiver than both.
    https://youtu.be/qEyZdGWASl8