Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. I have been doing some research on this problem.

My friend has a Zumo and the City North America maps.

Zumo City Navigator North America

Kawada Hotel in Los Angeles.

POI dialling: 1 213 617 3300

Mapsource properties: 213 617 3300

- that is no. 1 international dialling code and no +.

City Navigator Europe nuvi 760.

Place Du Louvre (hotel) in Paris.

POI dialling: +33 1 42 33 78 68

Mapsource properties: 01 42 33 78 68

-that is taken out the zero and added +33.

City Navigator Australian nuvi 760

Great Northern Hotel

POI Dialling: +2 9419-4555

Mapsource properties: 2 9419-4555

2. POI dialing

Well Done Downunder

Looks like the other navigators re using an ISD code based on the origin of the maps

So it may be a Garmin issue

Have you reported your findings to Garmin

Excellent work DownUnder

Are you planning on advising Garmin of your findings?

TraderBob

Yes there are a lot of positives about the 760 which I really like and do use. I have only had a GPS since the beginning of September (still playing & experimenting) & I would still recommend the 760 to anyone planning on purchasing a GPS as to my knowledge not many other units will beat Garmin for it's features, ease of use & price.

To make it clear I am only upset due to no Customer Service or understanding from the person on the other end of the phone. The product is first rate, when it is working the way it is supposed to, but like every electronic device today, they all have their bugs and no one will be 100% happy unless you can customise the software to do exactly what you want it to.

I work with numbers and as I advise people take the human error out of the equation & the system will be perfect, but itís that little piece of human error that makes things interesting.

4. POI Dialling

Answer from Sensis

Thank you for your recent contact, and for informing us of the anomaly which you have discovered.

Each release we comprehensively reassess approximately 200,000km of roads across Australia, and it is unfortunate that there are some errors and omissions that slip through into the finished product. Because of this, we really value the feedback on anomalies that we receive from those of you that are out there using the product.

Phone Numbers on POIís (PNV-7939) Ė we have corrected the number formats for POIís to display the 61 & 64 formats for Australia & New Zealand for current databases that are being edited and updated to solve this problem in future releases.

Please feel free to send any further anomalies that you may discover to this email address.

We appreciate you having taken the time to contact us, and we hope that you continue to enjoy the navigation products that you are using.

Thanking you,

The Whereis Team

TraderBob

Thanks for the reply, excellent work

This is interesting, not the best result as we all now have to pay for the next upgrade to fix this but at least it is being fixed.

Blog Entries
    This is a serious error on Sensis behalf, I will have a word with Garmin.
    The sun rises and sets, the moon wax and wanes, oceans ebb and rise, warmth of spring and the coolness of autumn and my heart beats as if I belong to them all.
    www.gpsaustralia.net

Blog Entries
    I have contacted Garmin, the ball is rolling already but the extra info is helpfull all the same. Amazing how a forum can get the wheels turning. Thanks guys for start the thread and doing the extensive research that you have.
    The sun rises and sets, the moon wax and wanes, oceans ebb and rise, warmth of spring and the coolness of autumn and my heart beats as if I belong to them all.
    www.gpsaustralia.net

Nicko

Thanks also, your hard work & extensive knowledge is very much appreciated.

Blog Entries
    pfffft i Just read what everyone else says, delete it and create a reply as if I said it in the first place
    www.gpsaustralia.net

10. POI Dialling

All it took was a couple of phone calls with suggestions on how they could improve their product and they look like coming good

I spoke to Garmin at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by FourPlay26
    TraderBob

Thanks for the reply, excellent work

This is interesting, not the best result as we all now have to pay for the next upgrade to fix this but at least it is being fixed.
    Hey Nicko, thanks for a great product. Went up to QLD was way better than the maps on my RNS510. I too have the same problem (POI Dialling) but no way in hell will I be paying for the next upgrade just to have this fixed.

As according to Australian Consumer laws if a product does not do what it claims to do you (as this sure does not) are entitled to have it fixed free of charge or your money back.

Be interesting to see what happens next.

Yes a BIG thankyou to all you guys who did the research.

12. Sensis would never make a mistake like this in the Phone book

It will be very interesting to see of this has really been fixed in the next update.

14. I noticed this problem AFTER I updated the maps on my Nuvi 660.
    I spoke to the Garmin rep at the Perth caravan an camping show and he told me that yes he new about it and had informed Garmin but no resolution was forth-coming.
    When will Australia get some form of decent support from Garmin - like say an email address!!!

It's all very good us and garmin knowing there is a problem the real acid test is if they do something about it.

Surely Garmin could issue a patch to fix the problem either by fudging how the POI numbers are dialled (ie if it's a POI number dial +61 first) or just a patch to re-write the POI phone numbers ( or the entire POI database), downlownloadable preferably.

A promise that it will be fixed in the next revision is great but Garmin and/or Sensis have a duty to support what they are selling and to the customers they have sold their product to.
    Maybe they'll give us all a discount on our next map upgrade --NOT

Anyway enough ranting - does anyone know if this problem still occurs on the new Nuvi 765 ?

BTW I'm very happy with my 660 otherwise.

Cheers
    Garin

Blog Entries
    I left a message with teh rep, see what we can do to get more answers
    www.gpsaustralia.net

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast